Frugal Village Forums banner

Weight Loss challenge week 1 - 1/1-1/7!

4K views 60 replies 28 participants last post by  Dancing Lotus 
#1 ·
Let's get ready to start (I know some are starting tomorrow)! I'm having pork and sauerkraut today, so I shouldn't be too bad, we'll see. Also going fishing, so I'll get in a walk while we are out!

#2 ·
Pork & sauerkraut here, too. Hoping to get a walk in as well, depending on the storm. Gotta make sure I get my water (especially after all the alcohol from last night) :)

#7 ·
Me :)
I'm not looking at losing weight. I mainly need to get more active, eat more produce, and drink more water so those are my goals.

My brother dropped off my new (to me) treadmill yesterday and I tried it out and did half a mile in just over 10 minutes :D

I've had my coffee & a bagel with light cream cheese. Any snack I have (which is rare for me, I'm not a big snacker) will be yogurt or an orange.

#8 ·
dh and i are going to the park this afternoon for a nice 2 mile walk. we're taking it slow since i dont really get any exercise at all. dh plays ice hockey and just had a tournament so he's been pretty much working out for a the past several days in a row. ive always really enjoyed walks with him because it gives us time (without distractions or telephones ringing or funny commercials) to just talk with one another and have quality time.

im contemplating buying a 24 pk of bottled water (i want to say that ive seen them at safeway for $3.99) and then holding on to those bottles for refilling.

#10 ·
oh, lat: I buy the packs of water and refill the bottles - works for us, but there are 4 of us that will use the bottles - and this way, it's okay if we lose a few ;)

#11 ·
I started a couple of weeks ago. I'm using exercise tapes and cutting back. I've lost 2lbs already. Only 33lbs to go to make my goal. I try to eat healthy and stay in shape even though I've packed on the pounds. Today I had a big breakfast:Homefries,bacon(1 1/2 slices), 1 egg and a muffin. Hubby is home so I made something special. For Lunch/dinner we are having grilled shrimp, homemade baked beans and cucumber salad. I'll eat some fruit and/or soup later in the evening.

#12 ·
I just signed up with ***********. I had never heard of it before some of you mentioned it here at the village. Hopefully I can keep up with it.

Unfortunately, I've not started out today very well. I had a Dunkin' Donuts coffee roll for breakfast with a mug of tea. When the boys take their naps, I'll be starting to drink some water and exercise.

#13 ·
Happy new Year all!!!

I will be having a pork rost and some fried cabbage . I have been on LOw carb for 3 days and I am down from 280 to 273 this morning. I have been doing my walking DVD and got up to 1 mile yeasterday.:grwave::grwave:
I just have to get to drinking my water down!!! Have a good day all...

#16 ·
There is a place for food and excercise journals, at the top of the Live for Life forum part! We can each post individual journals there.

Everyone is dong great. I went for a 1 mile beach walk today, but didn't get any fish!

#18 ·
~I had a bowl of Spec K for breakfast, an Arby's sandwich for lunch, a banana for a snack and I'll be having roast turkey for dinner. I've measured everything out for dinner so I should come in at 1294 calories for the day. I also got in 15 minutes of walking this morning and I'm going for another 15 before dinner. And I weighed myself this morning and I'm down another pound! Yey!~

#19 ·
So I had my brunch of scrambled eggs with onions and a handful of frozen potato thrown in there (no butter or oil). Eggs are great for when you're trying to increase protein intake.

My snack was low fat cottage cheese topped with tamari almonds (you get them in the bulk containers at Raley's - more expensive, but very tasty). An 11-year-old told me about this snack a while ago and when I tried it I LOVED it.

Dinner will either be a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread or possibly more eggs with turkey sausage. Not sure yet.

Oh yeah, and I did a 20 minute run. I need to be running 45 minutes, but the holidays got my training schedule all off-kilter. :grnwave:

#21 ·
goals

I need to be way more active, so that is what I am after....I need to walk more.......more water less other beverages..........but since I am a grazer, especially at work, I am going to try slim fast optima for breakfast and lunch and a yogurt for snack, then eat a regular meal for dinner, I just want to feel better.........:teddy2:

#24 ·
Can I join this? I have been cutting back in a general way but now I will have to actually weigh myself I suppose...LOL:chicken: I'll fess up at the end of the week. DH and I have the married with children 20ish lbs to lose (20 each)

Also, reducing the sugar in my coffee, this is a hard one, I love sugar!
I started this a year ago, and it CAN be done! I really don't need that little pool of sugar at the bottom after all. Now I take it black most of the time. Good luck everyone!

#25 ·
yesterday:
breakfast:yogurt,
lunch: one cup spagettios (it's what the kids were having) :)
dinner: salad, one slice of homemade pizza

treadmill: 40 minutes

#26 ·
OMG! I wish I had a scale!!!! It's killing me!!!!

I got some sweet n low today (on sale with coupon for $.99) and I'm using half that and half sugar in my coffee, so I'm sure that is helping!

Don't forget to join us also at:
http://www.***********.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp?gid=16395
There are 12 of us over there too! And there is alot of great tools and info there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.