Frugal Village Forums banner

Healthy Banana Cookies

13K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Libby 
#1 ·
Healthy Banana Cookies

Recipe Description
These make a really good, healthy treat! They are a cross between cookies and granola bars. My kids love them as a treat, I'm not going to tell them that they are pretty healthy!​
Preparation Steps:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
30 minutes​
Ingredients:
3 bananas, mashed
2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1/3 cup applesauce​
Serves:
36 cookies​
Directions:
In medium bowl, stir together mashed bananas, oatmeal, applesauce and if desired, a spash of vanilla. Mix well, let sit for 15 minutes. Drop by spoonful onto greased cookies sheet. They will not spread like flour cookies, so I pushed them flat with a fork (much like you do with peanut butter cookies). Bake for 20 minutes.

You can also add dried fruit, for different tastes!

Health info per cookie:
23 calories
.175 grams of fat
5 carbs
.5 grams of protein

Pretty good for cookies! :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting recipe! My kids love banana muffins, but this is a great twist on what to do with my leftover bananas!!!

#7 ·
These sound great! I've had a few bananas lounging around the freezer and didn't want to make banana bread again, these are going to be a welcome change. :)

#8 ·
I just made these & they turned out yummy!! I used cinnamon spice oatmeal & cinnamon applesauce. :)

#16 ·
I had a chance to make these over the weekend. I used up frozen banana's and added in choc chips and dried cranberries. The cookies turned out like mini banana bread softness/essence with chewy oatmeal. Delish!

DF didnt seem to like them warm - ie like the warm banana bread however I stored them in the fridge and now they're chewy & dense.

I made these teaspoon sized dollups so they were bite size. I am able to have 3 cookies though its the equivalent of one. Kinda guiltless :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.