Frugal Village Forums banner

Got Grass Fed Beef For Dinner

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KenzieSanders 
#1 ·
Considering the expense, I am not into buying food that will cost me extra bucks. But my aunt insisted that I should try grass fed beef when my Dad asked me to cook beef stew for yesterday's dinner. Well, its good, the meat is actually lean and my parents liked it.

I bought ground beef and some less expensive cuts for stew.

I got 10% discount on my first purchase so it isn't bad at all. You can try 'em guys, there also are good beef recipes you can use.

Naturally Grass Fed

#2 ·
Mine arent all grass fed, mine are raised on pellets, grass and hay. But since i have them butchered before they are 1 year old they are alot like veil meat very lean. My hamburger from my own is barely 95/5 and that was only because he had to add fat to get it to that. We dont have enough acres to keep grass enough plus with the droughts that we have been having dead grass=no grass. Of course nothing is regulated yet on people selling their beef like that but seeing what i have around here with ranchers i would put 100% faith in that they are 100% grass fed.

#3 ·
Yeah it is quite hard to find pure grass fed meat nowadays, considering that there are limited farmers that can grow livestock on pasture. I eat regular meat too, but in moderation because of my diet, I have a very slow metabolism and fats makes me more fat! :shame: But as long as the meat is lean, I'll go for it..The budget of course is one of the first things to be considered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.