All Hobbies Virtual Retreat Weekend, Feb 15-19, 2012 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I got in 40 minutes of sewing between Thursday and Friday.
    I have to run some errands this morning but I should be able to get in a few hours this afternoon.
    We have out of state family coming so my plans may change.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woke up this morning and got 2 more rows done, will be doing the next 4 blue rows and then checking size/fit on my Mister to see if I can be done

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It. is. finished. Decided I didn't want to risk starting another repeat of 10 rows which would mean I'd be trying to make the tiny ball of variegated make it through two rows so I stopped at 104 rows. At 104 rows, it's 66" long and covers my Mister pretty well shoulders to toes! Will post pics later....

MM? Nuisance? Whatcha working on?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Am busy doing by paper crafting - also trying to get things organized at the same time. Plan on having pictures on Monday of everything that I've completed.

Also need t do some sewing for others - hem a drape, hem a pair of jeans, make a hula practice skrt. That means I need to make room on a table for my sewing machine!!

Am right now heading into town to exchange my cable box since the power outage seems to have knocked it out and have lunch with some friends. Wind is blowing like crazy here.
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in. I'm working on a hooked rug called "Moose & Mountains", which are Eastern seaboard mountains...not the Rockies.

I also have a yoga mat bag to finish, and pants to alter, and other projects to finish up. Could be a busy weekend... Only have today and tomorrow about an hour or so. Too much going on tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Awesome MM, can't wait to see pics. Peanut, I love love love your hookings! Can't wait to see yours either.

I went out to choose colors for my next afghan; this one will be for my mom and I wanted bright happy colors. DD13 helped choose and we found some brights but I still want to find a purple and an orange. Other than those two, we have all the colors of a VERY bright rainbow to work with. I'm going to try and swatch tonight to figure out the gauge and see how some of the colors look together.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chose masculine colors with my son in mind.
    It's a Neat Ripple from Attic 24's Blog as recommended by {{Hugs, dcompton}}. I started by chaining 168 plus 3 for the turn. It's 12 repeats (11 humps).

The finished size is 54"wide x 66"long. I estimate it is 3 pounds - (2) 1-pound Caron (cape cod blue and taupe) and a 12 oz. Caron Country Basket variegated. Plus I had to go and get one more of each the blue and taupe to finish.

Ta-Da! My first completed afghan since picking up this very addictive hobby!! Here 'tis:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Oh! I LOVE your blanket! Nice use of the variegated yarn.
    I am working on backpacks. But really seem to be working on nothing at all. Yesterday I spent my prime sewing time in bed with a migraine. *sigh* And today I'm on my own with the kids and will only get sewing time when the toddler naps(maybe 2 hours).
    Without a sewing room to sorta get away to, I have to depend on DH to keep the baby from hanging all over me and getting into my sewing stuff while I try to work. And he hasn't been as available this weekend as I'd hoped. Oh well.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sumacaroni,

Your afghan is beautiful!!! Nice choice of colors and pattern.
    Steph

FY 2014
    7/25 books read this year
    10/20 no spend days for April

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sumacaroni,
    Your afghan is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
    Makes me want to go shopping for variegated yarn....
    Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Beautiful afghan!

I'm sewing on and off today, well, cutting actually. My girlfriend came over on Friday for a sewing day, we do that once a month, it's great, we both get so much done! I finished a table running, pieced a back for a quilt and took it to the long arm quilters and started squaring blocks for another one. I have some fat quarters ironed and I've started cutting some 5" squares. Will do that on and off today in between other things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you all for your kindness - I got a little bored with the colors after I was about half way done but pushed through that by thinking and dreaming about starting this next bright! afghan.

Tervs, would love to see pics of your projects! Sorry to hear of your limitations, nuisance, I remember those days all too well and as lovely as babies are, they sure can be a drain on project completions

I spent time swatching my colors, checking gauge and figuring the color repeats and estimating the size of My Second Afghan last night. I am really looking forward to working with the bright colors. Definitely need to get an orange and a purple in order to make it how I want.

Since I don't really want to run to the store for the orange and purple skeins (it's a 20 min drive one-way), I am planning on pulling out my first luxurious purchase, a Peruvian Alpaca Tweed, because I think I found a scarf pattern I want to make for myself. I am attending a conference later this week so maybe I'll get the scarf done and pack it to wear with one of my dresses.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice afghan Sumacaroni! I managed to alter my pants to wear today. They're still a bit loose, but not bad. I took them in an inch on the waist easily. We'll see how it goes from here.

Finished the bottom border of the hooked rug.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Awesome, peanut! I have found that crocheting keeps me out of the fridge in the evenings when I'm at my worst vulnerability to eating.

I started the Ruffle Scarf with this alpaca yarn, it is soooo soft to work with. My fingers get a little tender working with the acrylic yarns. This is a nice change and a great diversion from the next afghan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was going to give some WTG things.......but buttons are gone.

Hadn't read this thread but I have been busy doing some sewing (quilting, actually) all week......

If you read the quilting thread you will know that a quilt I did using circles turned out REAL CRUDDY.........well, I think I have decided to see if "two wrongs can make it right".......playing with the idea today............this thing may end up at the BOTTOM of the UFO pile-----and probably stay there if it does!!

I finished my batik quilt before this weekend.........so guess it doesn't count. But I do like it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast