Frugal Village Forums banner

My Bird Feeded Wreaths... The last craft this year ...

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Michelle 
#1 ·
These are wreaths I made for 3 nieghbor families... They are made from sorghum seeds I got for free at a county fair this year and I glued sticks into a vine wreath for perches, I then wired the bundles of sorghum seeds on the wreath and made a tag on my computer.... I had put some of these seeds into a fall diplay last year and the Cardinals loved them...... We left them my the porch and had lots of Cardinals all year long.... So I thought wreaths would be a nice thing to do with the seeds this year.... These people at the fair made molasses and throw away the seeds, so they give them to me...... This project cost me pennies to do and was messy but fun....

#3 ·
Here is the tag

#4 ·
Here is the whole thing.....

#9 ·
What lucky neighbors! How nice of you Lori!

#11 ·
Great idea Lori, You Rock with new crafts!!! :D

Thanks for the picture, now I know what that is in my mothers kitchen in a basket all these years! :laugh:

#14 ·
Thanks Ladies.... Denise, I got it from a man that was making Sorgham mollasses at a craft fair in Carlinville.... A Harvest fest I think.....

#16 ·
That is so neat! What a clever idea! I bet they love it!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.