Frugal Village Forums banner

Is it easy for you to design your own crafts?

955 views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  frugalmel 
#1 ·
Some people can look at a craft and go home and make that craft with absolutely no pattern, just by having seen the craft. Others can design their own pattern, without any trouble at all. They can graph it on paper and know exactly what they want (dd can do this).

And yet others are like me. They need to have a pattern in front of them and still its difficult to understand, but they can figure it out, although it does take time.

Which are you?

#2 ·
When I crochet, I need the pattern, but I usually get lots of inspiration in my crafting from others. I like to go to craft sales and peruse craft magazines for ideas then add my own identity to them.

#4 ·
I like to know exactly what I'm doing so I need instructions in front of me. Try as I might, I'll see something at a craft sale or store and think, I can make that and then I get home and forgot what all the pieces etc were so I'll look it up on the net or see if I have it in my books.

#5 ·
I am both really, sometimes I can see something and just go home and make it. Other times say with clothing, I need a pattern at least for a base to start from.

#6 ·
I like to make my owm designs, even when I crochet I can usually do it without a pattern.........

#7 ·
I'm not very artistic, but when I get started, sometimes my hands just help me do stuff that I didn't see ahead of time in my minds eye.

Looking at yarn and touching it gives me ideas, sometimes. Or fabric. But I need a pattern to launch out from as a starting place. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

#11 ·
I am not really at a point in my tole painting where I could come up with my own idea......although lots of times I will see something and be able to make changes to it to make it my own. I feel better for now following patterns with instructions!!!

#12 ·
SewCrafty said:
I am both really, sometimes I can see something and just go home and make it. Other times say with clothing, I need a pattern at least for a base to start from.
me too.

#13 ·
Well Ladies it's like this.....I need the pattern so I can look at the pictures or I would never be able to make anything! :toothy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.