Any creative/crafty/decorative uses for old keys?
    AzureBlue
    Tourist

I uncovered a TON of old keys (door keys, luggage keys, etc.) while helping a friend move recently. She was ready to throw them out, but I'm determined to come up with a creative way to use them. Any suggestions? The only thing I can think of is to glue them along the border of a plain picture frame, then insert a photo of the old or new house!

All ideas/input appreciated!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi and welcome to the boards!! Here are a few suggestions for things you can make out of the old keys:

You could make windchimes out of them. I found the following directions on another board:
    You could easily make wind chimes out of them.Find a plaster of paris mold in a shape you like or even pour the plaster of paris in a round dish that is old and can be thrown away. Let the plaster dry then drill small holes in it to hang the keys off of fishing string or any type of thin durrable string. Paint the plaster how you want and maybe give them away to family or friends or even new clients who are moving in. Don't forget to drill holes to make a hanger to hang them up.Hope this helps!

The link below will take you to a very adorable Christmas idea using old keys. They would make cute gifts.
    http://www.geocities.com/recipe_cards/christmas3.html

Another suggestion I found:
    For an outside decoration, you could get a plastic mold for a stepping stone, or use other old plastic containers you may have gotten from the grocery store. Fill the molds with a cement mixture ( you can also color your cement mixture). Press the keys into the cement. You could also paint the keys gold or silver before putting them in the cement. When the cement is dry, remove the molding and you have a stepping stone. You could also use smaller molds and add them to your kitchen tile or bathroom tile, or whatever.

I will keep looking for more suggestions. I hope the ones above help you!! Have fun with all of your keys!!! [img]/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Debbie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your old keys might even look cute [img]/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]if you framed them. Maybe use a dark backround behind them so they would show up better.