How do you decorate for fall/ halloween?
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default How do you decorate for fall/ halloween?

Just curious about what kind of decorations people put up in their homes or yards for this time of year. I don't mean Thanksgiving, just Fall in general, or halloween. Do you hang stuff on your door, or have special nick-nacks? There's all this home decor stuff in stores, I wonder who buys it.

I have some autumn colored table cloths, that's about it.
    Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes you just might find
    You get what you need ~Rolling Stones

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i personally am not big on halloween decorations. xmas is another story!

i do have a big pumpkin plate on a plate stand in the kitchen. a few little things here and there. a skeleton rug and thats about it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a pumpkin plaque on the welcome sign on our porch

I have a hand painted jack o latern (a parent gave it to me when I taught) on the dinning room table ( centerpeice) and a stuffed Sketeton bear sits with him ( someone gave the children)

On the Buffet I have a ceramic "paper bag" jack o latern ( Hubby's mom gave him) with a stuffed spider ( someone gave the children).

The candle has a jack o lantern clip on it Mom gave me the candle (you change the clip with the holidays). So corn for Thanksgiving and Christmas tree for Christmas you get the idea.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my favorite season! I love doing my mantle & decorate the shelves in the family room. I couldn't find my fall leaf photos the other weekend & this sort of through off my decorating. These go into my big picture frame in the middle of the mantle (change pics seasonal). I finally located them & should get my inside decorating completed this weekend.

I also have a beautiful fall garland that runs the length of the mantle. Then I have lots of other Halloween items to fill in with. I've been collecting for years! Black cats & jack o lanterns are favorites. Plus, YC fall scented votives!

I usually wait until the last minute to do outside stuff (sort of low key). The small Hallowenn banner flag for the front porch got put out over the weekend. Plan to make some bows for the wreaths for the front door since my other door hangers (witches) look so bad. An assortment of terracotta & metal jack o laterns for the porches. Sometimes I get mums, but that's about it.

May Groceries $228/275 Pet Supplies $109/130
    Coupons $24.99
    April Groceries $280/275 Pet Supplies $118/130
    Coupons $36.44
    Coupon Saving 2014 $153.91
    2013 $404.44
    2012 $395.16

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have my Halloween decorations out right now. I have pumpkin garland, birds and halloween laterns hanging from the ceiling. I have some black glittery skulls on the table and some halloween candles.

Thanksgiving I have some pumpkins, a floral piece, glittery gourds, a pretty plate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I use some pumpkin pillows for the couch, kitchen towels and potholders, metal pumpkins and fall tablecloth and napkins.

At preschool we go wild with student made decorations. Today we hung up the glitterly candy corn and pumpkins from yesterday's fine motor skill. Black cat is for Friday.!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't really decorate to much. Just some pumpkins/ jack 0 laterns. But this is the time I love to bring out the fall candles and have them burning nightly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well this year we downplayed it-no halloween stuff going up and only fall scarecrow in my flower container outside and decor of fall leaves, wreaths etc in the kitchen/living room.
    Next year I want to make a fall tablecloth with embroidered leaves and berries etc on it for my circular table. try to be more festive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a fall colored table cloth and various cute decorations that I've bought over the years from either the Christmas Tree Shop or The Dollar Tree.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stop dusting and let the cobwebs build up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For me I decorate for fall not Halloween. I put out a fall wreath that I've made with colored leaves on a grapevine wreath on my front door. I also put a pot of silk mums (yellow & orange colors) on my steps in a orange pot. I also put out my Happy Harvest scarecow. I have a huge grapevine wreath in my living room that I decorate with fall flowers and decorations. I decorate my credenza with a fall tablecloth of bittersweet painted on it. I put out Thanksgiving candles on it also with fall candle leaf decoration.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use to decorate inside and out but the last few years,I just stopped.Always got to busy or it was to late to put it up.Sooo...just lastnite I got rid of everything halloween and fall decor.
    I'll go thru my christmas decor in a few weeks and weed thru them.
    I had some CUTE fall/halloween decor but havent seen it in years lol..sooo..out it went.

(If the kids bring home anything from school it'll hang on the fridge or sit somewhere till after halloween or thanksgiving then go in their keepsake trunk)

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    I have a fall colored table cloth and various cute decorations that I've bought over the years from either the Christmas Tree Shop or The Dollar Tree.
    Seriously, I am impressed with the Dollar Tree here. They really have cute decorations. I've bought several there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We decorate a little for fall but not Halloween. I have some fall colored leaves that I hang or put on the tops of china cabinets/buffet piece. Those stay up in Sept/Oct and are exchanged for evergreen type after Thanksgiving.

We put our Christmas tree up early -- started out as a joke but developed significance so now it is a must. The season is now less stressed and we all sit back and enjoy.