Frugal Village Forums banner

I'm a little sad today

Tags
sad today
1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  mom2matty 
#1 ·
Has I was decorating the Christmas tree and placing all my decorations on the tree, I realized we had not done our "annual Christmas ornament exchange" here at the village this year. I'm a little sad, because over the past couple of years, I've gotten some wonderful decorations for my tree from all over the States and Canada. They all hang proudly on my tree and yet it would have been wonderful to have more from friends.

I won't forget next year, it's a promise.

Anyone else decorating their tree with ornaments from our Christmas exchange?

#8 ·
I haven't yet participated in the Village ornament exchange, but I am decorating my tree with various other ornaments I've exchanged over the years with my military spouse board. That's where most of my snowmen came from...they know me well :lol:

I'll be looking forward to next year :)
One thing my group uses is Elfster.com
Makes it easier to do suprise Secret Santas too...even the organizer doesn't know who everyone has :)

#9 ·
It's too late to start an exchange but not too late to start making an ornament for next years exchange. Well, December may be too hectic to start any new craft but once January hits you can start making them. If you do it early then you won't feel so rushed when you need to get it out.

#10 ·
Kay is right. If you have time now you can make them and have them ready for next year. Dec. is a very hectic month for most people and to try to get anything going now is out of the question. Remember, this isn't about only making one ornament. The past few years we've had to make 12 or more. I remember one forum I was on, we made 20 and then got 20. However, that takes time.

Watch for next years - I promise we will have one.

#11 ·
I make them all year long for our church ornament sale, so I will make a few extra special ones for our village ornament swap next year. :sigh: Time seems to fly here lately, so it won't be long till Christmas rolls around again. :rollsmile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.