Frugal Village Forums banner

Penguins in the bathroom

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  emily_hope 
#1 ·
In the coming year, we are planning to redo both of my DDs bedrooms and bathrooms. DD18 wants to decorate her bathroom with penguins. I am wondering what colors to paint the walls. I don't want to use black and white, which would be obvious colors to use. Maybe a touch here and there, but not for the main colors because she is going to have a good bit of penguin decor... trash can, soap dispenser, toothbrush holder, tissue holder, shower curtain, bath rug... Any ideas for this endeavor?

#6 ·
I'm with Donna, my vote is for an icy gray/silver blue, the black and white can be in her accessories.

Reactions: emily_hope
#8 ·
I was thinking a really pretty shade of icy blue too! I love the penguin idea for a kid's bathroom, it sounds great! You'll have to post pics when you are done!

We are getting ready to repaint and redecorate our bathroom and I can't decide what to do. I've narrowed it down to a nature theme (with nature photos that I've taken over the years) or an outhouse theme. I'm leaning towards the outhouses...tastefully done of course!

#9 ·
I was kind of thinking icy blue also. We have found some cute penguin accessories at Target. I've never painted a room myself. I think we are going to tackle this on our own. Thanks for the replys.

#12 ·
Ok, I already posted my color idea...but everytime I see the title to this post I chuckle. Wouldn't that make a great band name? "Penguins in the bathroom" HA! Too funny! I think I'd see them in concert, wouldn't you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.