Frugal Village Forums banner

Stripping Wallpaper

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  frugalfranny 
#1 ·
Does anyone has a technique that doesn't make you feel like your arms are going to fall off?! I've been scraping all week, and boy am I sore!

We normally mix up a bucket of water and stripper, then slosh it on with a rag, scrape, slosh, scrape, slosh. It makes a wicked awful mess, the bits you scrape off end up cemented to the floor.

Yesterday afternoon it suddenly occurred to me that a squirt bottle in one hand and the scraper in the other would be so much easier and less messy. Of course I only had one corner of one wall left when I had this revelation.

I tore down some of the ugliest wallpaper I'd ever seen - guess what I found under it?? Uglier wallpaper! :rolleyes:

#2 ·
I used fantastic sprayed it on the wallpaper soaking it and leaving it for a couple minutes and then it just peeled off. It was super easy. The fantastic actually worked better and faster than the stripper did. We ran out of stripper, that's why I tried fantastic and did the rest of the house with it instead of stripper.

#4 ·
i have used one of those rolly things that put little holes in it
then sprayed on fabric softener watered down works fairly well .

last time i had dh and the older 3 kids get some 12" wall border off due to my fibro i couldnt keep my arms up above my head long enough to do much work on it

#5 ·
aha just remembered the name of the little rolly thing - i think its called a scoring tool

#6 ·
I heard that mixing water and fabric softner is suppose to do the trick but I have never tried it. Good luck though...it sounds like it's a hard job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.