Frugal Village Forums banner

Do you like using wallpaper in your decorating?

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  britbunny 
#1 ·
I love wallpaper. I just wish it wasn't quite so expensive. I always wait until they have B1G1F and then pick up enough for a room.

#2 ·
I love wallpaper. It brings such warmth to a room. I've always like it even when just paint was the thing to do. Now mind you I've always lived in older homes and it does a great job of hiding not so perfect walls so maybe that's why...lol!

Very expensive for sure....we have an outlet near here so I check it out first. I remember two years ago when I papered our diningroom I bought the paper and border at a store closing. It cost me only $50.00 to do the whole room, paper and border. We added it up and it would have been close to $800.00 regular price (like I'd every pay that!!:eek: ) I love it and it's something that won't be dated in a few years.

#3 ·
I've just taken down some wallpaper and only have 3 rooms with borders and my laundry room is papered. I love paper, but am ready for painted walls now for a spell. I won't be changing the paper in the laundry room for years to come yet, because I still love it. When I do paper walls I always look for the bargains though. It can be soooo expensive otherwise.

#6 ·
We always used wallpaper when we lived in England. But when we came to Australia and used it, it was so hot the paste was drying out and the paper kept peeling off the walls! We've had painted walls ever since!:D

Julia

#7 ·
Can you wash wallpaper? How does it hold up? We can't wallpaper the walls in the military houseing. We have painted the walls and I have border up in 2 of the rooms :) I think the border is a nice accent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.