Declutter with me? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Polly that's great! I ended up not being home all evening so I didn't get much done. Today's goals: put away dds clothes, clean/organize her room. Clean off bathroom counter and clean out medicine cabnit and cabnit above the bathroom. Put away the pile of blankets on the couch. Empty the dish washer and put away dishes. And stay ontop of the kids making a mess! That's it for right now hopefully my room will be tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Count me in on this. I need to clean out lots of nukes and crannies in this house.
    I started this week by doing the living room. DD and I painted it so lots of stuff had to get moved and cleaned. The computer desk was the worst thing in here. DH keep lots of useless papers. Took all of his papers and put them on the kitchen counter for him to go through. Witch he did not do so I did it. Do not know how many empty envelopes that I recycled but it was probably 1/2 the pile. Found 3 checks that he never cashed and forgot about.
    I want to get a smaller computer desk so this one needs to stay clean and not cluttered up since will not have as much space when we get a new one.
    I think when I get done with the living room I am going to do the kitchen cabinets. Lots of odd stuff always ends up in there.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today will be about decluttering the kitchen of dirty dishes, yes, dirty dishes. I got so busy decluttering other stuff yesterday I ignored the dishes all day. I thought I was going to do them before I headed off to bed, but I was just too bushed.

I'm also going to wash the nativity set and wrap in tissue paper and pack in the tote to go upstairs. Hopefully I'll do more living room/dining room decluttering too. We'll see. I'll report back later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to join in on this. When I moved last year, I put a LOT of things in boxes and just shoved under beds and put papers in drawers that I haven't had a chance to look at. I think this evening I will start with a box in my bed room then maybe make it to my night stand on my side of the bed. Good luck today everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I have at most 10 weeks until the baby is born and I have got to finish putting this place in order! First up last night was DD's room. We purged some and moved some baby toys into the nursery. Today, I will go though some of DD's clothes. All of her winter PJs need to go into the too small pile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic Gal View Post
    I want to get a smaller computer desk so this one needs to stay clean and not cluttered up since will not have as much space when we get a new one.
    I think when I get done with the living room I am going to do the kitchen cabinets. Lots of odd stuff always ends up in there.
    I had to smile when i read this i have a small computer desk with one drawer in it and it loaded down i clean it off and clean out the drawer then someone clutter it up again dont know who since i am the only one that lives here.tee tee.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I had to smile when i read this i have a small computer desk with one drawer in it and it loaded down i clean it off and clean out the drawer then someone clutter it up again dont know who since i am the only one that lives here.tee tee.
    I saw on a design show yesterday that they suggest you have a slanted writing desk as to avoid the clutter. You'd have to work really had for the clutter to stay on it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've committed to going to a yard sale on Saturday; there's a 40km sale up near my parents cottage, dad & I are going to set up in a parking lot. I've already sent 6 totes full of books up with him in the truck, I'll fit what I can in the car tomorrow.

I have three donation bags ready to go from the laundry room, only a few things there were yard sale worthy. I also have 3 bags of garbage from the garage to put out tonight. Hopefully between the garbage, donations and sale I should clear up enough space to actually organize what is left.

Will spend all my available time tomorrow gathering up yard sale stuff from the garage.

Wish me luck for the sale!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished the bathroom and threw out half a garbage bag of stuff!! I also decluttered the condiments in the fridge threw out about 5-6 things. Feels good to have a cleaned out fridge before I go grocery shopping tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I only got a few pieces into DD's basket of random clothing and being 30 weeks PG took it's toll and I needed to rest

I'll finish it tomorrow!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am on week 41 of decluttering with some friends. We are challenging each other to get rid of at least 1 bag of stuff a week. Its been wonderful and since I am going to be moving into a new house soon and don't want to bring along all this stuff its great. Had a big yard sale a couple of weeks ago too and made a few bucks.

The key is not to overwhelm yourself. Even if its just decluttering a drawer take a few minutes each day to do something to remove clutter. Get rid of things you don't need.

Recycle the kids toys by 1. getting rid of things they don't play with by donating or putting in a yard sale. 2. if its broken toss it. 3. put half of what you have left in totes and store. In a few weeks put up the other half and get down the ones you have stored. The kids think they have a whole new batch of toys.

Go through clothes and if it doesn't fit and won't fit another child donate or yard sale it. Same goes for yours.

...one of the biggest tips I can give is.."just do it". 5 minutes, 10 minutes 15 minutes...it matters when decluttering.
    Wife to Danny for 30 1/2 wonderful years.

Mother of 2
    Ashley 27...
    Dustin 26...

Blessed beyond all measure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today did not go as well as I had hoped, all I did was seem to create more clutter. Right now the goal is to empty the top of the hutch and find homes for the stuff. It's all sitting on my dining room table along with the nativity, waiting to be cleaned and rehomed. Nothing I've put on the table is in the get rid of department. Getting this hutch cleaned off and out and put away in the attic is a big step in creating a uncluttered home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pollypurebred39 View Post
    Today did not go as well as I had hoped, all I did was seem to create more clutter. Right now the goal is to empty the top of the hutch and find homes for the stuff. It's all sitting on my dining room table along with the nativity, waiting to be cleaned and rehomed. Nothing I've put on the table is in the get rid of department. Getting this hutch cleaned off and out and put away in the attic is a big step in creating a uncluttered home.
    That's how I always feel like I'm just creating more clutter. More mess. More disorganization. That I moving it from one area to another. I need to invest in some good organizers, shelves tubs etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Must admit that I totally trashed my work table in the LR as I was working on my quilting - that will get reorganized tomorrow. went through a huge plastic bin tonight - threw out at least half of the papers in there and reduced it to 1/3 of what was there - did cull out anything I could use in my card making and stamping projects. The last thing I am going to do tonight is go through our plastic container drawer to see if there is anything I can donate to a friend. And I'm off to finish because laundry must be folded before I go to sleep too!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by heartofmine View Post

The key is not to overwhelm yourself. Even if its just decluttering a drawer take a few minutes each day to do something to remove clutter. Get rid of things you don't need.

...one of the biggest tips I can give is.."just do it". 5 minutes, 10 minutes 15 minutes...it matters when decluttering.

Been following your advice today, "just do it" I've managed to clutter my clean coffee table and 3 dining room chairs. BUT I now have the curio cabinet wiped down, glass windexed, and my dusted enamelware put away. Curio uncluttered! I also wrapped up the nativity (that was in the curio) and have it put away in a tote ready to be put in the attic. Oh and my dining room table is empty!!!!

That's it for today, not a big day, but productive.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast