Frugal Village Forums banner

Homemade bleaching paste for cleaning?

19K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  tilecleaningdude 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a homemade bleaching paste for the grout in our bathroom. I was wondering if anyone had a really, really good recipe that will stick to the grout and not slide down the tiles.

#4 ·
From what I've been told, bleach eats away at grout. It tends to whiten the first few times you use it but it is actually destroying the grout deeper and the dirt goes in further each time.

You may want to ask some on a professional forum for DIYers if they have any solution to deep dirt in grout.

#6 ·
Nah I've never tried Soft Scrub with the bleach in it. I figured that I would give something else a try first before buying an already-made product. :)

I did find out that you can do 2 parts baking soda and 1 part bleach. I tried the white toothpaste and it sort of removed it, but I'm craving something more.

I'll try out the bleach/soda thing first before buying the Soft Scrub.

#10 ·
Yeah I was just trying to bleach the grout and at the same time, remove some rust stains that had collected on the porcelain bath tub.

I tried a mixture of 1 part bleach to 3 parts baking soda and I let it sit for about five to ten minutes. It really helped out a lot.

I will say that I used a q-tip for the application and put on some gloves when I had to spread it a little further than the q-tip would allow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.