i have a new love....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default i have a new love....

the dirtdevil whiskers. i like it so much i ordered a second one. perfect for pet hair.

i had been pining for an expensive roomba but that was not going to happen.

so i bought this: Walmart.com: Dirt Devil Whiskers Robotic Hard-Floor Sweeper, White, BD70000: Appliances
    just use a stick broom for invisible walls. it works best if you confine it to one room for the one hour of cleaning.

that's my review on the review section. it says, "i have an all tile house. this thing is marvelous.

it likes square rooms with doors shut, otherwise it gets confused. i found i had to lift occasional furniture and queen anne chairs up unto table tops for most efficient use. no biggie. it squeaked at me twice to empty the dirt cup. and did the entire master suite/bathroom, including under the bed in 30 minutes. i watched it and it didn't miss a spot. it was really cool to watch it sweep around the toilet.

it wedged itself under the bracket base of the tall secretary. i had to free it.

i still had time so bought it into the living room with the “not very high” oriental rug. it swept it but i could tell it was working hard.
    did not get hung up on wires.

and….Drum roll please, it sucked up a large Texas 2 inch cockroach , just fup! and up it went. i have a new best friend – whiskers.
    (my cat hunts roaches, mice, snakes from outside and brings them to me for presents. I know…)

i can’t believe a lot of the bad reviews out there. as long as people know its a SWEEPER FOR HARD FLOORS and not a vacuum, should be good."
    baby step 2- see blog for actual amounts

"stop being a victim, you are a perpetrator, taking things without paying for them is stealing, you are not a victim, you are a perpetrator. PAY THE PEOPLE YOU OWE, pray for the people you owe, and make it right. " hard nosed AA person, thumping his big book, addressed to me in AA meeting 7/30/2013

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Would love to have something like that. I really HATE vacuuming and just cleaning in general. The vacuum because of all the noise. Have rugs and cat here so probably should just review what is out there. Am definately someone where this would be a great present.

Enjoy your new "toy".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

if you have rugs you would want a neato or a roomba.
    i would order a neato (from target)

"stop being a victim, you are a perpetrator, taking things without paying for them is stealing, you are not a victim, you are a perpetrator. PAY THE PEOPLE YOU OWE, pray for the people you owe, and make it right. " hard nosed AA person, thumping his big book, addressed to me in AA meeting 7/30/2013

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have cats and dogs and clutter. I feel I could make it explode w/ confusion.
    Sounds like it would be good for most people though. I need a vaccumn that climbs the couch and vaccumns it when I'm out. Oh Dyson,I have a request!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

if you have rugs you would want a neato or a roomba.
    i would order a neato (from target)

Neato Robotics XV-12 Vacuum System - White : Target

Neato Robotic Vacuum - YouTube

DirtDevil Whiskers - by CustoBots - YouTube

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to say THANKS My dh will be putting in hardwood floors and I rescued a black dog and the hair really shows up.
    I also have a ds who is obsessed with vacuuming (his own place) so I will be telling him about this too!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cool

We have no carpets or rugs in the house. I like the Neato. Cups seems small but I guess if you set it the run every day it would be ok. The fact that it cant clean under couches or stair is disappointing but I do wish I could test drive one here for a week or 2.
    Oh and yes, thanks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oooo... That is way cool! DH nixed me though stating that we have three "sweepers" (ie, children) right now and why pay for something else when what we have already is sucking up money (shoes, clothes, feeding three teen boys). He has a good point. He did state that it would be a good idea for when they move out and we have less "stuff". And, you know, the more work they do, the less gumption they have for sassing.
    Beak-1996, Toad-1998, and Q-1998
    House payments left: 0

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I must try this contraption! Pet hair in our house gets out of control fast! Thank goodness for tiled floor!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow that would be handy with my 5 critters! No extra $ at the moment with all the work to the house going on but I will add it to my someday list!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds interesting! I just ripped the carpet out of my living room, and the rest of the main floor is laminate or hardwood, so it might work. How much did it cost? I have looked at the Roomba, but just didn't have any faith that it would really work and/or that it would last long enough to make it worth the investment.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

about 125 bucks plus tax, i am totally pleased with this gadget.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Compared to the Roomba, that is a great price!
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast