Frugal Village Forums banner

Sponge/Brush/General Sink Organization

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dan Cook 
#1 ·
Hi All -

I'm putting together a prototype for a sink-organization product that keeps your sponges, scour pads, scrub brushes, etc.. organized and off of the counter to make for easy cleaning. I'd like to get your opinions on what I've put together so far. So, let me know what you think!

The problem: Brushes, sponges, and brillo pads usually sit on the edge of a sink when not in use. They leave stains on the sink and look cluttered/disorganized. The sink organizers that clip to the side of the sink take up space and get in the way when washing large items (especially in a small sink).

Kitchen sink Sink Tap Plumbing fixture Lighting
Product Interior design Rectangle Table Material property

I'm putting together a prototype for a clip-on sink organizer that attaches to your sink's faucet. The benefits are that you keep all your cleaning utensils up off of the counter (which makes wiping the surface clean easy), and organizes all these tools at the same time without taking up any counterspace or sink space.

This is the prototype:

It has a hook for a scrub brush, and a small basket for sponges, pads, etc.. To install, all you need to do is clip it to your faucet (with the green clip shown in the photos)

Tap Plumbing fixture Kitchen sink Sink Property
Tap Plumbing fixture Kitchen sink Sink Property
Kitchen sink Sink Plumbing fixture Wood Motor vehicle
Kitchen sink Sink Tap Wood Wood stain

I'd like to hear what you think about this. Is this something you would want? Why/why not? Do you have any other functionality you would want from a device like this?

Thanks!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.