Whats the hardest thing to throw out in your home?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Whats the hardest thing to throw out in your home?

I have a couple things I find hard to throw out and thats books and keepsakes of the kids. I'm getting better with the books though.

How about you, whats the hardest area you find in your home?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Books is a BIG problem here too,along with magazines! Also the kids keep EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! As long as they have a place for it,we're ok,but it is starting to get out of hand I think my youngest(grade 5) still has some of here school stuff from 1st grade

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always feel bad when I have to throw food out. I've got to get better at keeping leftovers front and center so I remember they are there.
    The hardest area to keep clean is my dresser (this & that)and my side of the table.(magazines and school papers)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I find it hard to throw away anything the kids made, but I have gotten better about that and only keep certain things.

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The kids!!!!! Just kidding!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by hmsclmom
    The kids!!!!! Just kidding!
    ROFLMAO! I was going to say that! LOL. DH too ~ but it's not hard really I've done it loads of times LOL.

So trying to be sensible for 5 mins. Books, Kids keepsakes, photos, letters, cards from people, how long am I allowed to talk?? LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can't throw out my "papers". I have papers with little notes written on them. I have lists, ideas, shopping, etc.
    I have got to have my papers to live! BUT they take over and I have to clear through them all the time. Most of the time I look at one of these pieces of paper with this one little note on it and think what the heck am I doing keeping this??? Right now right next to me is a to do list.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear. --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Books, fabric, yarn, clothes etc......
    ~~ Dee ~~
    8 Years Cancer FREE!
    25 July 2003

Married to my sweetie, Jack 25 yrs.

Mama to 27 furbaby 'Katz' (as my hubby calls them LOL)
    Nicky, Snowy, Olga, Ralphie, Sidney, Oliver, Fonz, Audra, Hoss, Peanut, Madeline, Tigger, Alice, Poppy,Teddy Bear, Mittens, Conan, Sherman, Trapper, Radar, Maxie, Annie, Rocky, Kali (AKA P.I.T.A), Jethro, Chewy Lewy, and Chance!

Don't forget to do self examinations monthly and have regular mammograms!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Magazines & food seem to be the hardest but I'm getting better.

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kids mementos and books, oh yes, books would have to be the hardest............but I'm getting a bit better. We have a used book shop in a nearby town and I recently took some books in and ended up with a $100.00 credit for books in the store!! And you know what.........I don't miss any of the books! I just recently went back in and bought 2 books for $15.00, they are the Julia Morgensten (sp?) books, h/c, one on Organizing and one on Time Management, very good books, I am learning so much from them. So see...........get rid of books and organize and then buy a book on organization!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by smnoel
    I can't throw out my "papers". I have papers with little notes written on them. I have lists, ideas, shopping, etc.
    I have got to have my papers to live! BUT they take over and I have to clear through them all the time. Most of the time I look at one of these pieces of paper with this one little note on it and think what the heck am I doing keeping this??? Right now right next to me is a to do list.
    Sara! LOL! I am EXACTLY the same!!! I get overwhelmed with all my lists and ideas I write on paper! I always tell myself that I will organize my ideas and lists in ONE binder, but guess what I do? I write and write again on more paper!!! lol

I also have boxes of old journals, old lists or reflexions I have written, cards from when I was I don't know how old..I also save about every bit of peice of drawing, writing or craft that my 4 kids have made and still make... Can you just imagine how my closets are full to capacity with all these souvenirs!

I also have trouble getting rid of books.

I tell you! If I would make a major clean up of all this, I would have soooo much space!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Anything to do with my kids....their little baby clothes in particular. Food, magazines, I could go on and on
    *~*Michelle*~*

"You can't have your best health without exercise. It's just not possible" ~ Leslie Sansone, WATP

Follow us on Twitter!

Become a Fan of Frugal Village on Facebook!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

kids baby clothes. Especially the ones they wore during special moments... I keep ahold of their really little outfits, soooo cute! It is really hard for me to get rid of those special things. Um what else... craft stuff, i have a hard time getting rid of craft stuff. Lists, notebooks, binders, and so on. I am a compulsive list maker. and i can't get rid of em. ...yet, lol.

Master Dollar Stretcher dz_blonde_girl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a "paper perspn" too. Like Sara and Lucie I have to have my notes and lists and ALL THESE PAPERS ACK!!! Drives dh nuts! When I do go through them I can only get rid of a few. He even got me a filing cabinet to keep them in, lol, but I NEED them out where I can get them! I also have a most amazing box of craft stuff, at least it's in a box. Anything I think I can use to make anything goes in there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Magazines. I get lots of subscriptions free and I don't know what it is about keeping them, I guess I am afraid that I will miss something wonderful in them if I toss them too soon (or at all ) so I just hang onto them and they end up in a basket in the living room. I really need to resolve to toss 2 old ones for each new one that I bring inside the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast