Frugal Village Forums banner

Mold in wood under kitchen sink!

14K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  tilecleaningdude 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone have any ideas as to how to kill and eliminate mold that is in the wood under my kitchen sink.  We have taken out the floor of the cabinet and replaced it, but what is left is in the vertical sections of the cabinet behind the uprights of the frame

I sprayed it tonight with the mold and mildew remover I have that you would use to clean the bathroom grout.

Amazon.com: KRUD KUTTER MS32 Mold and Mildew Stain Remover Plus Blocker, 32-Ounce: Home & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41gIBAoIFeL.@@AMEPARAM@@41gIBAoIFeL

Help!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I'd spray bleach until it's saturated...make sure you cover your mouth and nose...you don't want to breath the bleach in. Leave the doors open and run a fan until it has dried.

That's what I'd do!

#5 ·
So far the idea of using bleach is unanimous.

I read something on the web stating that common bleach just won't work, that you would have to use a mildewside (?) or something like that. Of course, there were ads on the website for companies that do mold and mildew control (wouldn't ya know
'':toothy:)
Anyway, I am still going to try the bleach method. Surely, it should help.

I agree with CJ that the website that Carolyn provided has a lot of very good info on it.

Thanks everyone.

#7 ·
Good news, it is not mold!

Bad, bad news, it is the sewer vent pipe at my kitchen area. It is seeping this bad stuff out into the walls of my kitchen. The only reason we can smell it so bad is because my DH, Bless His Heart!, FIXED???? the pipe a few years ago. But now it is emiting this bad stuff into my house. When he repaired the pipe, he left a big hole in the wall facing my kitchen cabinets. This is where the smell is coming from. He is going to concrete up the hole then glaze over it to get it cleared up.

Question> Why didn't he do that in the first place:mad: He was starting to give me some excuse that it wasn't that bad. I told him that if he didn't get it taken care of quickly, that I was going to call a plumber. He said no he would take care of it by this weekend.

We will see. I still have my fingers on the phone ready to call.

How disgusting!!!!!!!!!:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.