Frugal Village Forums banner

Liquid or powder...whats your preference??Whats brand do you like most?

2K views 22 replies 23 participants last post by  Katybird 
#1 ·
What do you use most of...liquid or powder laundry detergent??

I use powder MOST of the time,but I have used liquid from time to time. I like Gain the best..smells sooo good.....But I'll use whatever I have a coupon for :)

#2 ·
LIQUID ONLY

I have always seemed to have trouble with the powder for some reason...lol....I use All Free detergent because of my dh allergies...I get it at Sams for about $12 for 300oz.....I wash clothes like crazy it seems. If I get a free sample of something I will usually use if for a load of my clothes or something whether its powder or liquid....

#5 ·
I prefer liquid too. It seems that the powder does not dissolve as good in cold water. I like Tide, Wisk, All and Gain, but will use the other name brands if they are on sale and I have a coupon. The one that I cannot use is Surf. I break out in a rash everytime I use it. Also Bounce dryer sheets seem to irritate me. I rarely use dryer sheets, I prefer to put in liquid fabric softener or just some white vinegar.

#7 ·
I use liquid and always have. I like Tide, Cheer, and Gain. I buy whatever is on sale or whatever I have coupons for. Lately I've been using Arm & Hammer.

Chelle :ribbon:

#9 ·
I use liquid, whatever kind is on sale & the cheapest, but most of the time I make my own & it is the liquid kind.:paw:

#11 ·
I use powder. I've been buying "Bang" detergent at the local farm store in 160 load buckets. The main ingred. is baking soda which I read is good for washing machines. I've used tide and cheer in the past and this does just as well and is MUCH cheaper! I wash way too much with the sons home for the summer. They're working part-time jobs, going to school, and sports so there are lots of clothes to wash.

#12 ·
I like liquid the best, but I buy powder because it is cheaper here. My favorites are Tide and Gain, but I never buy them because they are too expensive.

#14 ·
For years I used powdered soap, Now I use liquid. I have very hard water so with the liquid i only use 1/2 the amount called for or less, ( I'd have to wash the clothes 3x's or more to get the suds out if I didnt) and the clothes come out just as clean, so a $4 bottle of liquid lasts me 6-8 wks...Karla

#15 ·
What did we do in the days before liquid laundry soap? *L* I use liquid too, because that powder stuff just doesn't disolve, never did! I was using Tide, but I went to Sam's yesterday and got 300 oz of Member's Mark for $9.99. I'm pretty sure it's Cheer in there. I've used it before and I like it. 300 oz should last me almost 6 months if I can keep my dh from doing laundy. (he fills the cap clear to the top - I think I'll try drawing a big black line on it for him)

#17 ·
I use both Powder and Liquid but lately I have used Powder!!

I use both Powder and Liquid but lately I have used Powder!!
We use Arm and Hammer because I am allergic to alot of other Washing Detergents!! We go to Dollar General to usually buy our Washing Detergent and we pay about $5.00 for a Box that last about 60 loads I think it last us about 80 loads though!! :)

#20 ·
I only use liquid. I stopped using powder probably 10 years ago because it never would dissolve all the way.

I also only use All Free Clear - love it! (Can't stand the smell of other detergents and some make me break out)

#23 ·
I always use liquid. I am not brand loyal though, I will use whatever I can get a good price on. I do love Fab Rain Forest scent, it smells wonderful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.