Frugal Village Forums banner

Mini-Challenge: Quick Toss

932 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  leeleeaub 
#1 ·
Okay, everyone! Whether or not your kitchen is done, you can certainly participate in this part of the challenge.

We've done this before and we'll do it again, but it's a great, quick way to get out the junk!

Get a small garbage bag or a grocery bag or something and go through your house and fill it up with trash, garbage, broken stuff, paper trash, etc.

In preparing the house for the birthday parties this weekend, I've filled up 3 bags full. I'll take a picture and post it to the picture thread later when I am posting party pics.

Granted, I had the incentive of nine kids and their parents coming over today and my entire family coming over tomorrow, but even if you've got a quiet weekend planned, wouldn't it be nicer if there was less clutter in it?

Let us know how you do! :smball:

#4 ·
I got a full bag of garbage out of the house yesterday and I'm working on another one for today. Yay for me!. . . LOL

Keep up the good work girls.:D

#6 ·
I tossed some clothes and I also just gave away a surround sound system on freecycle. We got a new one for Christmas and didn't want to just throw away the old one, so I listed it and it has already been picked up. That was a lot of clutter in itself. It had 6 speakers and the system which consisted of a CD player (3 disk), 2 cassette player and a radio. Was glad to give it to someone. It had been sitting in our hallway taking up space.

#8 ·
Well before I moved here 2 months ago I would have been able to do this for days. Since moving here and starting over I keep everything so clean and so organized that the trash is out within minutes of becoming trash.
I decided that I was going to be a totally organized person. I watched a ton of shows on hgtv, I read a ton on the internet. I have a system for everything. I also now go by a place for everything and everything in its place. It has made my life so much more easy and simple.
I even have my pantry and drawers organized in a systematic way.
I am not anal I just really love organization and finally succeeded in getting it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.