Hey Mom's!! tips needed on cleaning, organizing blah blah
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Hey Mom's!! tips needed on cleaning, organizing blah blah

Hey

OKay i have a son who will be 3 in december and another baby(who i believe to be a girl) is due in Decemeber...GO figure 2 xmas babies....Anyways im trying to find a steady, simple routine for cleaning, cooking, organizing blah blah..basically running a great house and keeping it clean..is that possible?

im really good at organizing papers and such but a house is very different.

How many have a daily, weekly routine they follow... can i have examples?
    what's your system?

What time to do you get up? what time should i wake the little one up, how do i get him on a schedule..right now he runs wide open with us all day and night.

oh another question anyone have the key to patience..because the doors are locked and i cant get it opened..lol

New mom trying to be a model mother and wife...want to make my husband proud with constant clean home, dinner on the table (how many people eat at the tables these days? we never do) and want my son listening and being on a good schedule.

i talk a lot i know..please forgive me

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tammy,

I don't have children so I don't know how much help I can be for you.....I am now a SAHW......

a. first thing in morning while making hubby his coffee I straighten up the kitchen and living room.
    b. before and after shower, do mirrors and counter top.
    c. take out trash on the way to the car.
    d. do floors twice a week.
    e. try to plan meals ahead and get to know your crock pot : ) that way you can start it in the morning and dinner will be ready that evening.

Good Luck,
    I am sure the other ladies will have more idea's that can help you.
    leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Congrats on 2 December babies! We're Christmas babies here too. Ds is the 25, I'm the 26 and dd is the 27. I know just what you're talking about. I've always been envious and mystified by women whose children follow schedules and sit still and sleep through the night. I'm lucky to have a great hubby that doesn't care what the house looks like and is happy to pitch in wherever I need help. Ever since DD was born I've cleaned in 15 minute bursts. And I ALWAYS pick up for 15 minutes before going to bed. Seeing a bit of order in the morning puts me in a good frame of mind. Try to do a load of laundry every day instead of saving it up. Shop every other week. When you cook dinner, double the recipe and freeze the leftovers for another night. I've had to lower my standards a bit over the past couple of years. The kitchen floor goes WEEKS between mopping. When I get free time I want to spend it on me, not mopping! www.Flylady.net has been a BIG help to me. Her site has all kinds of motivational ideas and organizational tools. And about the table comment, we are soooo with you. We've eaten at the table less than 3 times in the past month. The kids sit with us for 5 minutes and they're done. They are far too ornery to be unsupervised while we eat. So all in all what I'm saying is that my life with toddlers is so unpredictable that my method for running the house changes on a monthly basis. And definately ask for your hubby's help in a specific area. Do the dishes together. Have him take over a specific responsibility. I asked DH to be the one to get up with kids at night after they were done breastfeeding. He still does this 2 or 3 times a week. He also took over feeding them jarred foods when they were able. He's also the bath-giver. This is my 15 minutes to clean and pick up. Short bursts REALLY work! HTH!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am working on being better organized, so I know where you're coming from. The best thing that has helped me is having a "Home Management Binder". It is very similar to Flylady's Control Journal, but I'm not a big fan of hers, and for the HMB works better. I can't really explain it as well as this lady does on her site, http://www.myblessedhome.blogspot.com/. Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! thansk ladies!!

Your husband's help?? wow!!...lol my husband is a work aholic, so he doesnt get a lot of time to help out around the house or with our son (which we had a discussion about when the new baby comes that i will need more help from him ) but he does keep jayson busy playing when i need him too thats a great big help and he also is the one to put jayson to bed in his bed. thats new for us too, i told him that jayson has to be used to his bed by the time the new baby gets here, and that baby will NEVER sleep with us. Jayson's doing pretty good though, my hubby lays with him for about 20 minutes and he's out like a light.

i do want to do that thing when you take a shower, straighten up the bathroom, when you go out, take the trash im working on that but i have short term memory loss..lol

we bought a dining room table 2 years ago and we never use it..retarded i know.

i just got dont cleaning the kitchen and it looks great but know its time to cook and start over again..sucks

my two year old jayson just saw the "wonder bread" and he saw the movie Ricky Bobbie a few weeks ago and he came running in here while i was typing this yelling moma moma is ricki bobbie bread..too cute! how he remebers the small stuff gets me every time

thanks again ladies!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Create a schedule that you can stick to. Don't try to be supermom/superwife or your will just feel like a failure. Your 3 year old is old enough to have his own chores, so get him involved. I have a 7 year old, 4 year old and 11 month old. Everyone but the baby does chores. Dh works nights and goes to school during the days, but he helps out on the weekends.

I do one load of laundry a day. I have found that I am more likely to finish it and get it put away. I don't do laundry on the weekends if I can help it. I sweep/vacuum once a day, in the evening, and mop on saturdays. Dishes I do after dinner, once the baby is in bed. On the weekends, I do the bathroom. DS #1 has to clean his room each night before bed, DS #2 can help with that. DS #2 has to pick up all the shoes around the house each night. They both clear their dishes from the table. DS #2 also has to pick up any toys that he or the baby has dragged into the living room and put them back up. DS #1 is in charge of feeding the dogs. Dh takes the trash out each night on his way to work.I don't dust or do windows nearly enough, but when I do, it is on the weekend when dh can help. We usually pick one room to deep clean on the weekend...when we work together we can get it done quickly.