My daughters Party HELP!!!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default My daughters Party HELP!!!

Ok ladies,

I'm new to this board so bear with me if I'm not posting this in the correct board.

My daughter's second birthday party is next weekend.....my house is pretty muhc in order, I just need to do spot cleaning.

Any tips on how to clean it faster so that I have more time to enjoy the day instead of FReaking over a messy house???

Also, I need ideas for food.....I'm majorly slacking this time around (I usually have food ordered a month ahead of schedule).

I usually do Fried Chicken, but I'd like to do something else, maybe on the frugal side Keep in Mind that my family likes to bring dishes with them, the problem is I never know what they'll bring.

HELP me ladies!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

get the clutter put away, before that day so you can have a good time too.do a little each day even 10 or 15 minutes so you just have the odds and ends for the big day. as for everyone bringing something tell them what you would like for them to bring and go from there. Have a cookout it isn't expensive for hamburg and hotdogs, and it is just about time to put the grill away (inless you live here were we do it in the winter). Most of all enjoy the special day she only turns 2 once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

P.s. Don't worry about posting in the wrong place. we will find you no matter where you are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks so much for the advice and I'm glad to know that wherever I am, you'll always find me!!!!

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My sanity saver when I entertain is prepping in the days before. Once the house is clean I lay out my serving pieces, make sure their clean and I have enough, put out paper products and drinks the day before. I do lots of munchie foods when budget is tight and I don't know what people will bring--veggie plates, bowls of popcorn, maybe chicken fingers if you have lots of little people coming, a baked ziti is cheap and can be made in advance and reheated, cheese and cracker platters and I usually do a tray of sausage and peppers, because again, it can be done in advance and reheated, I usually reheat mine in the crockpot.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmmm..my dd just turned 2 and we did alot of finger type foods..and hubby grilled hotdogs hamburgers chicken..watermelon...if i think of anything else i will let ya know..