How do you disinfect your toilet brush?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How do you disinfect your toilet brush?

I have never asked anyone this question before but how do you clean those toilet brushes?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You could keep a cup with bleach water in it and keep the tiolet brush in it. but honestly you don't need to clean it. The cleaner you put in the tiolet and then get all over the brush does that for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't clean mine either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Don;t clean mine either!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't clean mine, either. When it looks like it needs help, I buy a new one at the dollar store. Not very eco-friendly, I know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

it nevver occurred to me. All I do Is wash the toilet bowl using bleach, then i rinse the brush and toilet by flushing a few times. I hope that's not the wrong way about doing it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the type of toilet brush that sits in a canister type plastic thingy (I'm still drinking my coffee - brain isnt' functioning yet). Not the kind in the small little flip down thingy (am I making sense?)

Anyway, I fill that canister holder with some all purpose cleaner (I use Method Brand) and water. I keep the brush in there and then every morning (ideally, it's more like every two days or so) I just swish out the toilet - the brush has the cleaner on it.

I dump the canister into the toilet about once a month (and refill it) and also do a thorough cleaning of the toilet (with actual gel type bowl cleaner) about once every two - three months.

Got this idea from Flylady.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought my toilet brush at Ikea for $1. It rests in a cup like dish that fits around the brush head. The reason I bought it there was b/c the bristles are black. My toilet likes to breed fungus - but thats the actual word Im looking fore. More like algae?? So if I dont clean it once a week min then the floaties start to appear...when I used the white brush - it would stick to the bristles and thats all you'd see. Plus the water has some ph blanance prob leaving a brownish ring in the bowl on occasion but since I clean it often its gone But my white brush would end up being orange with black thingies on it.

I just clean the bowl with the brush and put it back into the holder/base. The excess water that drips off - has a bit of the cleaner in it so I dont really worry. As someone else said, if its starting to look funky, I replace it. But b/c its black, its visually appealing making its shelf life longer in this house

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I guess I'm the odd one out on this one -- but that's not unusual.

A toilet brush is a breeding ground for all kinds of bad stuff -- so I bought one of the toilet brushes with the disposable cleaning pads when they first came out -- the cleaner is included in the pad. I just spray the handle with disinfectant when I'm done and hang it back on it's hook.

No way would I go back to having that nasty old brush in my bathroom. I love it. I had a coupon for the starter kit and use coupons for the refills.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is early in the morning and I am cause it is one of those questions I have thought about but never knew who to ask. I LOVE this place!!!! I also just swish in the bowl with cleaner and then flush a couple of times to rinse the brush.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
    You could keep a cup with bleach water in it and keep the tiolet brush in it. but honestly you don't need to clean it. The cleaner you put in the tiolet and then get all over the brush does that for you.
    What she said. I don't touch it for any reason but to clean the toilet, and the bleach in the toilet cleaner kills anything that needs killing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I use bleach to clean the bowl so I guess I thought that the bleach would kill anything on it.
    Katy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I put some cleaner in the bowl, swish it around a little, and then let the toilet brush sit there for a few and get a good soak. Then I actually scrub the bowl, rinse the brush when I flush, and voila. Works fine for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by quiltergirl View Post
    Well I guess I'm the odd one out on this one -- but that's not unusual.

A toilet brush is a breeding ground for all kinds of bad stuff -- so I bought one of the toilet brushes with the disposable cleaning pads when they first came out -- the cleaner is included in the pad. I just spray the handle with disinfectant when I'm done and hang it back on it's hook.

No way would I go back to having that nasty old brush in my bathroom. I love it. I had a coupon for the starter kit and use coupons for the refills.
    This is what I do. Can't stand the ick factor. And all the toilet brushes I have found are too abrasive on the stool.I do not want to scratch it.