2nd Annual Fall Fling! - Page 13
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

AHHHHHH....yeah me, I saw this thread last week and I am at 632 items and I just finished the kids rooms LMAO OMG, I did not realize there was so much CRAP!!!
    I'm betting on over 1000 for my house!!
    I was all in for this when I saw it last week, I have had 2 jobs for years and without me home, it has really piled up in here!! Now that I am retired, home and back to Mommy mode, I think my family thinks I've lost it getting everything back in order! And, the dec 21st date is perfet because that will be one year to the day that I'll be retired!!!
    YEAH ME!!clap

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Jean, I'd count the pillowcases/sheet as 2 items gone, but that's just me.;-)~
    Last edited by nuisance26; 10-03-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    ~Jean, I'd count the pillowcases/sheet as 2 items gone, but that's just me.;-)~
    Yeah, that's what I figure.

I also spent time going through one 3' shelf of magazines. I have 30 magazines to get rid of. And projects marked with post-it notes in the remaining ones. Still have a mess of magazines to go through...but that's for another day...

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday it was goin through the hubby's closet!! He still has to go through what I went through so I dont throw anthing out that was sentamental from the 1800's LMAO

Today it is going through and re-organizing my kitchen ugh!! I am NOT looking forward to this one!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just sent 14 bags of clothes to the goodwill! I feel sooooo good.

Love the fall flinging

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OK, I skipped the kitchen
    I dove into the rest of my room, hubby got rid of a whopping 3 things from the 1800's!!
    But I managed to fill 3 garbage bags of clothes (that does not include the 18 things I gave to the kids!!) And I found 1 grocery bag of things to make gift baskets with!
    So, my count is 727 and I am finished with my room, all I have left is my closet (walk in UGH)
    Wooohooo I Love the Fall Flinging too!!
    It also got me to spend some quality time with my 9 year old who voluntarily helped!! Yeah Holly-by-Golly!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been flinging left and right, and I think I probably got a hundred items just from my kitchen! Have to crank it up a little to hit 1,000 by the deadline, though.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, everyone is doing so good! This Fling stuff really gets you cutting the clutter. I have one big question for you all, does it seem you make a mess of the whole house when you start a project like this. I seem to have stuff everywhere.
    Boxes to go to the shed, sacks to go to the trash, a pile of things to send home with my son (he moved almost two years ago and still uses my house for his storage!) stuff to go to the shelter, just on and on.

I am off to my closet today. I got an organizer to mount on the wall and I am going to make it in to a whole new closet. I am so tired of all the things in the closets so stuffed. I will be able to make a whole new 8 foot closet and that will give me a whole new way to organize this stuff. Sure will make things less cluttered in my room. Totally now 675/1000 and still getting rid of stuff. YAHOO......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

When I hit our room yesterday I thought hubby was goin to fall over!!! It was a freakin mess from hell.....but it is spotless now, so, YES, I think you make more of a mess digging things out and cleaning that it was before, either that or it was an organized mess before!!

This morning I am diving into the closet too, ours has the built in shelves and such, however, as I had said before...my working 2 jobs for so long everything just kept piling up! Now it is time for me to UN pile it all!!

I'll post my count when I am done with the closet, if I dont get lost in it that is!!!ROFLMAO

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Yes Patty, my house is a wreck as I sort everything. My house is a tiny 800 square feet and I have a mountain of stuff in my kitchen that is my 'can't go back where it was what should I do with it" pile. Now that I'm almost over this horrible cold I can get back to flinging again.~

Inactive
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some of today's "flung" items: 4 tiny lip glosses and 2 blushes from one of those kits that seem so ubiquitous at holidays in colors that I would never wear - these were all probably four or five years old, 3 flavor packets from the gunk I had to take before my colonoscopy (I was thinking I could use them for drinks - but, aside from tasting like crap, they say not to do that on the label), and several containers from various different items - mostly drink containers that I thought I'd hold water in (what do I think I am, a camel?).

But my favorite fling-of-the-day? Apples! I had four apples in my fridge that had gone a little too mushy to eat, but still tasted fine. I made applesauce! I'm quite proud of myself because I normally would've just tossed them but I HATE tossing food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Alright, I finished the bedroom and closet
    Now I am up to....855

Tomorrow it is time to dive into the kitchen and get-r-dun!! For the rest of today though, I am finishing laundry and chillin!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got rid of one bag of book from dd's room. getting closer to my goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Just tossed several shoeboxes and a bag of old craft supplies. I'm counting that as 5.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, help me. I'm contemplating my wardrobe. I'm afraid if I fling everything I haven't worn this past year, that I'll have no clothes left! And I have some beautiful clothes I inherited from Mom that fit me. Don't mention consignment. I took them and they wouldn't take them. They claim they are the wrong size, it is the wrong season, they won't sell...they are just plain a nuisance here in town. I'm thinking maybe I should remake them into a crazy quilt or something. But man, I'm sure one of the dresses is a $500 dress...at least! What to do?! I never go out anywhere where I could wear such a drop down dead gorgeous dress! It's way overkill for this town! I tried selling a $400 designer suit on-line for $100 and got no bites. Any ideas?

Jean
    Last edited by peanut; 10-06-2008 at 03:41 PM.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast