Christmas Gift-A-Month Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Doing well...bought some used DS games (thanks Nichole) that I will divide among dd and ds1 for their birthdays. Dd is pretty much done at this point...I just have a few more books I will buy her, and I'll probably use my Barnes and Noble gift card that I got for my birthday to purchase those.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes-I would like to join. I've never participated in a challenge and therefore am not sure how. What do I do ? ( I understand that I'll have to decide what to make or buy but what do I do in the forum?)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the challenge! You can count me in. I was so far behind this year I don't know if I have even caught up with myself yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Imarachne View Post
    Yes-I would like to join. I've never participated in a challenge and therefore am not sure how. What do I do ? ( I understand that I'll have to decide what to make or buy but what do I do in the forum?)
    You have joined! In the forum you can list what you have bought or made, what kind of deals you were able to get, etc. Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to join in! This year was too crazy and I want to really enjoy the holidays and not be stressed by them!! One of the goals I set for myself is to learn how to crochet so I can make something special for my Mom. She loves to crochet and makes beautiful things but I think it would be so neat to surprise her with something I make!
    Since it is only dh, dd, ds and I and my Mom that we shop for this should be easy enough to do! Oh and another thing is I would love to learn how to make my own Christmas cards for this year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That would be special Cali if you crocheted something for her! Good luck! It isn't difficult to learn, you just need to jump in and do it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm working on some cabled slippers I mentioned in another thread. I don't have a good bulky-weight yarn, so I'm using a kind of cruddy one, just to see if the overall shape is what I want. If I like it, I'll get some better yarn in nice colours, and Mom and my sister will be getting slippers in their stockings!
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to join! This Christmas season was so busy and got pretty stressful at times, I would like to be prepared ahead of time this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tripleb, Imarachne, Calimom and Lindsay - a great quartet joining!! Love that more people are enjoying and getting ready for Christmas year round - I am the only one in my extended family who does and they think I am a little crazy!! LOL!!

Madhen, I'm going to make a pair of your slippers up in anykin' yarn and then get some good stuff for my DD's stocking too!!

My Christmas varigated colors cotton yarn came yesterday - 2 pounds of it!! - so I will be working throughout the next 10 months on dishcloths, scrubbies (about 30 of each) and whatever else I decide to make out of it!!

My MIL makes scrubbies crocheted out of nylon net - which I do not like to make - but cannot get to the store to get more netting because of health problems. So I bought 8 yards each of bright orange, purple and green for her and am sending it off today!! That will keep her busy for a while!!

Also picked up some presents yesterday at clearance prices, then 15% discount at Office Max yesterday!! Love getting/doing things year round!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No wonder I can't get this song out of my head...have a holly jolly Christmas....finished one sock, the 2nd is going good.

Welcome to all the new people. what fun....Christmas all year long.

Would someone like to challenge that we wrap the gift when we finish

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made all the hm bathsalts today that will be given for gifts this Christmas. They are bottled and tagged.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't started yet, but today I decide I would like to make a bunch of dishcloths this month. I was thinking of going to the mall and picking up some foaming hand soap from Bath and Body Works and pairing it with the dishcloths as a hostess gift for my Aunt who has Christmas at her house every year. We don't exchange gifts with aunts, uncles and cousins but I do like to bring her something small.

She mentioned this year she likes very finely knit dishcloths. I didn't get a chance to look too closely at the one she was talking about, but it looked like it was made with a lighter weight yarn and then crocheted around the edges with a regular worsted weight dishcloth cotton. Anyone know of a pattern like this? Maybe just two strands of crochet cotton held together and knit diagonally?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
    No wonder I can't get this song out of my head...have a holly jolly Christmas....finished one sock, the 2nd is going good.

Welcome to all the new people. what fun....Christmas all year long.

Would someone like to challenge that we wrap the gift when we finish
    Vickilynn - go for it, start it up. I prefer to wrap more towards the holiday in batches - just personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Made all the hm bathsalts today that will be given for gifts this Christmas. They are bottled and tagged.
    Pictures please Debbie!! Congrats on getting so much done. What recipe did you use or is it a secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay E View Post
    I haven't started yet, but today I decide I would like to make a bunch of dishcloths this month. I was thinking of going to the mall and picking up some foaming hand soap from Bath and Body Works and pairing it with the dishcloths as a hostess gift for my Aunt who has Christmas at her house every year. We don't exchange gifts with aunts, uncles and cousins but I do like to bring her something small.

She mentioned this year she likes very finely knit dishcloths. I didn't get a chance to look too closely at the one she was talking about, but it looked like it was made with a lighter weight yarn and then crocheted around the edges with a regular worsted weight dishcloth cotton. Anyone know of a pattern like this? Maybe just two strands of crochet cotton held together and knit diagonally?
    Lindsay, my MIL knits something like this on the diagonal, as soon as I can find the instructions, I'll post them. Think that would be a lovely idea for your aunt!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Forgot pictures MM and I already have them packed away in my Christmas room in the old farmhouse. I use Epsom salts, coloring and essential oils. No secret.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've never wrapped as I finished, so I think I will give it a go this year. Then I can say finished and mean it.

I've got about 12 more inches to finish the 2nd sock....so I'm going to leave early for Bible study to get a good parking space, and knit in the car.

Everyone.....merry Christmas everyday!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast