Staying on top of anything!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Staying on top of anything!!

This has been the third in a string of Weeks - I start off With great intentions, have my lists and think that I am good to go - then somehoW the Whole Week falls apart and I cannot figure it out.

Too much on my plate? - possible, probable
    End of year scrunch syndrome? - oh yeah

Feel very frustrated.
    Am not keeping my commitments in many places - is not a good feeling.
    Feel not on top of anything.

What am I looking for? darned if I knoW!!

Support? Advice? - Heck yes, I'll take it all. definitely knoW I need it all!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh MM, you need to slow down girl and take care of yourself! We women always think we can do it all and we can't! We are only human! Sending hugs friend
    April No Spend Days - 13 /22
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 107 /365
    2014 April Gas Challenge - $35 / $80
    April Keep Fit - 420 min / 900 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Give God your problems and he will give you His peace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo Debbie!! Feel as if I am totally starting over , but thankfully know that I am not!!

Once more - one step at a time....slowly.
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MM-Don't know if it's the moon,the stars or the sun but everything has been overwhelming these last few weeks too.
    At my former church we learned to say thoughtful no's so we could say purposeful yes's.
    On the days where it all spins i make a list of all the things to do and just pick 1. If I complete that. At the end of the day I can point to that item and cross if off. Just the act of crossing it off is so powerful. Maybe i will finish 3 or even 4 ones. But only one can be my full concentration at a time.
    Take it easy on yourself. Just tell people. I'd love to but I'm too busy right now. Thank you for thinking of me though. This means here too. PEACE.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whoa nellie!!!! Slow 'er down before your body slows it down for you!!

One thing at a time........one step at a time.......one idea at a time.......and don't forget to stop and smell the roses!

I can relate.....this time of year gets really busy and hectic for me and after being a slug all winter it is frustrating that everything hits at once. I just try to get done what I can........the rest can wait!! (so I tell myself...sometimes with success, sometimes not!!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo friends - shall heed your good words. Also know that I do need to stay in touch with you all more - that really helps me keep an even keel. I am so glad that it is never too late to learn!!

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

MM - You are one of the most positive posters here! yes, stay on top of ANYTHING! I love that - we need to keep it alive!

Ok - So I managed to do some laundry this week . . . (thinking) . . . (thinking) . . . . get the mail . . . . .put gas in the truck . . . . .Oh! I cleaned the toilets! Yea me!

I still can't find my mother's phone number to call her for Mother's Day. What day is it?

Sheesh! This is a lot of pressure! Um, so keep on top of anything?? I'm working on it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I start each day off with such a beautiful list of things that need to get accomplished, and honestly by bedtime its lucky if I've done 2 things.. not sure why.

If you find that bag of motivation can you ship some over to idaho?
    Mom to Duramax
    Wife to ChevyMan

2014 Goals
    Reading challenge
    Declutter challenge
    emergency preparedness
    52 week money challenge
    Homesteading challenge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

MM, aren't you a school teacher? Maybe I am wrong but if this is your end of the year crunch I am with ya. I too am feeling it. You can do it girl. Keep it up GO GO GO no matter what you are doing. You can and will do it!!! Just remember there are brighter days ahead and all will be well. Sending you some sunshine!!
    Becky

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just take things as they come and if it all comes down at once...select one or two BIG things that NEED to be done and focus on those...then from there when the load lessens, pick one thing to accomplish/day

You can do it - and remember to take breaks so its not a huge chore

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This may not be possible at this particular moment, but when I start getting overwhelmed by things like that, I try to set aside a day or two and tell myself: For just this day I am "retired." I don't have to do ANYTHING I don't want to. (Well, except maybe cook or go hungry!)

If there are deadlines and things that must be done, well, they must be met and done. But for everything else, ask yourself what is the worst thing that can happen if this isn't done. If it isn't dire, don't do it. Not forever, but just for a break.

Or treat yourself to a light but engrossing or funny book. Sometimes it's the mind that needs the holiday more than the body.

I have come to believe that "ought" is one of the most terrible words in the language. It overloads us and makes us slaves where we should be free. I wage a steady war against it. "Ought" is different from "must" though it can be difficult to sort out which is which sometimes. It's helpful to me to step back and try to unmask the "oughts" that are pretending to be "musts."

Ok. End of sermon. But really, don't take on more than you have to, at least for a while.
    DONNA

Reading: 20

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You are all wonderful!! I am so glad that I unloaded about this!!

Yes, I do teach school and there is more than usual to do at the end of this year.....and I know that I will get it done - just need to slow down my pace. ....sort of like, I can do it all, just not all at once!!

There are only 9 more days of school!! Then I have Friday thru Monday off before summer school starts......and that is only until noon each day - a nice break. I'm planning on spending more time at the pool this summer - for exercise and relaxation both. My coteacher and I are splitting summer school - my last day is July 6th and regular school doesn't start until July 28th - so that's some more delicious time off!!

Again - it all comes down to the process of finding a flow that works for me - doesn't have to work or even make sense to anyone else - just me. I'm getting there and am so glad that you are here to help too!! Mahalo friends!!

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you are working out a system that fits your needs! good luck with summer school
    Mom to Duramax
    Wife to ChevyMan

2014 Goals
    Reading challenge
    Declutter challenge
    emergency preparedness
    52 week money challenge
    Homesteading challenge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo Brandi!! Summer school is so much more relaxing - will have only 2-4 students - the more severly disabled.... a great opportunity to work with them in a fun, playful environment!!

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by chevy_chick95 View Post
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I start each day off with such a beautiful list of things that need to get accomplished, and honestly by bedtime its lucky if I've done 2 things.. not sure why.

If you find that bag of motivation can you ship some over to idaho?
    Yup! BTDT once too often. And so I learned a long time ago not to make lists anymore. It was like beating myself up everyday!

Theresa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast