5th Annual Fall Fling!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lightbulb 5th Annual Fall Fling!

~It's that time of year again and I am so ready! Now's the time of year I make my nest clean and cozy for the approaching Winter months. So my goal is to purge my home of 1000 items during the Fall months.
    Anyone want to join me again this year? You can choose your own flinging goal amount, it doesn't have to be 1000.
    Sometimes I count every thing I purge and sometimes I just count a full grocery bag as 25. It depends on the day. If you count bags you only have to fill 40.
    This big purge makes such a difference in my home and my attitude as I go room to room organizing and understanding why I keep things and seeing how blessed we really are.
    This year I plan to make my kids a bigger part of the sorting process in their room so they learn how to have healthy relationships with things.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sooo in!! I will fling along with you this fall with my goal being to see how many things I can truly fling.

When will this challenge be over/end?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Glad you're joining!
    I give myself all of Fall to do this, so until December 21st.
    I'm keeping a running total for each day in a notebook so I can update in this thread and my signature whenever I can.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I'm starting out strong today. I finally tackled the pile of sheet music and songbooks that has been sitting in my sun room for years. The majority were inherited from relatives. I went through them once after DS was born and got rid of 25%. Today I cut the pile in half. And in the process I discovered that about 12 books/sheets have some value and could be sold on Ebay for about $50.
    I also went through my Half.com listings(since I sold two things today) and removed all the lowest value items to donate to charity. Then I lowered all my prices on the things still listed. I will repeat this process every two weeks.
    Then I tackled my treasured magazines. I struggled with parting with my cottage and handyman magazines during the last fling because they have such useful info. Today I decided that the info is obviously not that important since I hadn't touch the magazines since last year. I did reread my Cooking Light mags so they stay.
    So 87 gone this morning. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo plenty for starting this Nuisance - while I do not usually join up - I 'know' that I am throwing away a lot....... this time I am staying focused and keeping track. Yesterday I filled 1 grocery bag with throwaways so am counting that as my first 25. My goal will be 1000 for the fall season also!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in, but did a major purge in the last two weeks. We totally cleared out the playroom to make it into a dance, karate and music studio for the kids.

But I definitely need to tackle two closets and my kitchen cabinets and family room needs to be reorganized big time. If my motivation doesn't fizzle, I'd like to clear out our bonus room of stored boxes of papers, saved school work etc., too. sigh.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

“A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear.” --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just cleared out 5 books to add to the list.
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in This should be fun! I'll get a little notebook ready to go and go I shall!
    Mom to 4 wonderful kiddos. Homeschooling mom
    • FFEF 2/6months
    • Retirement savings to start
    • Mortgage

DEBT, n. An ingenious substitute for the chain and whip of the slave driver.
    - Ambrose Bierce

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I went through Matchbox cars with ds and he put 1/3 of them in the box to sell/donate. He doesn't play with them much anymore and I was hoping he'd part with more but I'm still happy with his decision.
    I gathered up 27 caps and boxtops with Coke codes and added them to my account. They'd been sitting in a bowl next to the computer for months. Why?
    84 today. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is such a great thread ~ and great timing for me ~ I just started my first "unclutterer" / "simplify" journal.

I thought my jotting down my progress, I would keep myself motivated ~

it includes anything that I did that day that will simplify life as a whole - such as cancelling the basic cable - or cleaning off the front of the fridge -

As for the items that I've flung since starting this journal (freecycled) - 10 magazines/books, 3 movies, 2 video games, 3 board games, 1 bank, 1 telescope, 1 jewerly box =

Also cleaned out 2 unneeded file folders out of file cab.
    23 total
    Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Pets Die

married 19 yrs to my
    mom to big J (18)
    mom to little j (11)
    Zena Cherry Max Lilly Chianti

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I attacked the kids' room this morning! It took 2 hours and there's still some work to do but I/they parted with:
    24 items to donate
    3 to give away
    9 broken items/boxes trashed
    5 toy sets to sell
    =41 total this morning!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm back in this year. I think 1000 is probably a really high number considering I've been doing small bouts of purging all year and hubby is very resistant to letting go of "his stuff", which encompasses A LOT. On the other hand we are getting very close to finishing all of our LARGE remodeling projects. This means I am going through stuff as I put the rooms back together giving me the opportunity to truely purge before I put stuff back. So I'm going to shoot for the 1000 and be REALLY happy if I get anywhere close.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~4 clothing items yesterday. I actually went through my closet and dresser and took out 13 items but most weren't nice enough to donate. So they went to my sewing pile.
    My sewing area needs work. I should create a Fall Fling bin. Everything in it needs to be fixed, reconstructed or tossed by Dec 22. If it isn't it gets trashed regardless of its "possibilities". Otherwise, so much of what I want to fling ends up there.
    Moving clutter to a new location is no solution.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Took a small break - only because I was out of the home so often this week. I need to look at my craft/sewing room - think I think that perhaps DD is right in that there are not enough yeaars in my life to accomplish all of them and do all my new stuff too!!

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have yet to actually 'start'. I mean I have my notebook to keep track. Its so interesting to see what you're flinging - I mean seriously - at the end of this challenge, scroll through to the beginning of your list. You'd be amazed at the odd mix of eclectic things

I will probably be more on the ball once dad returns from his vacation and I'm truly homebound for some days. Right now DH & I are really enjoying doing our own thing on our own schedule. Its truly relaxing!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast