Daily fix it, sort it, or clean it challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dds on the prowl again last night. I think I need to find better curtains for them.

I dug up some stray strawberry plants and potted them up. The garden will be completely dug over this weekend, and any plants left will be composted. It used to be a vegetable patch, we did not do anything with it when we moved in, because the house needed a big renovation, and I was 7 months pregnant when we moved in. Now it's rather weedy and we've asked someone to make the garden level and put in grass. It's costing almost the same as if it would have been us doing it ourselves, and it will be 10x faster and neater.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everyone's doing great!

I finally couldn't stand it anymore (and the yard was finally dry enough) so I took the lid off the old broken freezer yesterday and we moved that out of the house when my husband got home. So it's out by the trash waiting for us to haul it out, probably next week sometime. It'll be good to be rid of it.

Today so far I've picked up three trash cans worth of icky garbage scattered around the yard by a hungry bear. I got my exercise at least, running back and forth and up and down our hill!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer, cleaning up all of that trash is quite a job! I guess the exercise is at least an unanticipated (and unwelcome) benefit.

I'm finally deep cleaning most of the apartment today because I have some Craigslist buyers coming over tonight to pick up items. I can't get to quite all of it, but the bedroom and office won't be visible anyway.

It's hard not to get frustrated with all of the junk around. My husband is extremely touchy about me getting rid of items he considers to be his, so when I declutter, I can only declutter "my" items. I've got plenty to get rid of, but I start to feel bitter because I feel like I'm just freeing up space for him to fill with more junk that I can't touch. We'll work it out eventually, but it does frustrate me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What I do is sort stuff my husband might want, but put it in separate boxes from the stuff I know can go. Then I tell him to look through it. He rarely pulls anything back out. That way, I've gotten his stamp of approval to get rid of things.

The other thing I did was designate his office for all his crap. If he wants to keep something, it has to go in there. You wouldn't believe how crammed full that space is, but it's his problem.

It's a conflict, for sure. Good luck.
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finish moving office stuff to office
    Empty bedside table and move to office
    Move other bedside table to right side
    Lamps cleaned and back on their tables
    Got all that done.

Yesterday:
    Steam clean masterBR carpet
    Dust all furniture in masterBR

The house is now fully moved around and mostly clean.
    I have a few more major jobs (read: time cunsuming, not hard)

I am tired, so am going to take the day off.
    Living Single and Loving it!
    EmilyD

Savings goals:
    2014 Change Jar Challenge (New, smaller clothes) $0/$500.00 (turned in 6/2/14 $118.00 for another purpose)
    52 Week Money Challenge (Christmas 2014): $0.00/$1378.00 in a year (need to save 275.00 to make it by Nov. )
    Emergency Fund: $0.00/$1000.00 to begin (167.00 pm to make it by Dec)
    House Repair Fund: $0.00/$1000.00 to begin
    Car Repair Fund: $0.00/$1000.00 to begin
    Medical Expenses $0.00/$1000.00
    Dental Expenses $0.00/$1000.00

My Challenges:
    2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge 1 @ wk 16/52
    2014 Spring Cleaning and Organizing challenge
    2014 Household Purge/Declutter Challenge
    2014 Emergency Fund Challenge
    2014 Twenty Wishes Challenge
    2014 Reading Challenge 11/52
    2014 Change Jar Challenge

52 Week Saving Challenge W1-$1, W2-$2, W3-$3, $W4-$4, W5-$5, W6-$6, W7-$7, W8-$8,W9- $9, W10- $10 W11-$11, W12-$12, W13-$13, W14-$14, W15-$15, W16-$16 W17-$17, W18-$18, W19-$19, W20-$20 , W21-$21, W22-$22,W23-$23, W24-$24, W25-$25, W26-$26, W27-$27, W28-$28, W29-$29, W30-$30, W31-$31, W32-$32, W33-$33, W34-$34, W35-$35, W36-$36, W37-$37, W38-$38, W39-$39, W40-$40, W41-$41, W42-$42, W43-$43, W44-$44, W45-$45, W46-$46, W47-$47, W48-$48, W49-$49, W50-$50, W51-$51, W52-$52

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forms not filled out yet, but I did give the sofa a proper cleaning and changed the covers.

The gardener has not been yet.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Life got in the way: both daughters have intestinal problems. (I'm at work and dh is home with them today ). We have a 4-day weekend starting tomorrow. Hurray!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cleaned our bedroom good today and moved things around as I went..Got all chests cleaned out and put back in neat again..lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a wild week here! New trailer, forest fire, all kinds of drama. I hope things calm down now.

Finally, we got the parts for our pop up camper and were able to get the lift system repaired. Today we got the stop limit switches reset so now the roof stops where it's supposed to when it's up and the motor shuts off without unwinding the cable when it gets to the bottom. When we installed the power lift when the trailer was new, I had a heck of a time getting the upper limit switch set right. This time, I made an educated guess and hit it right the first time. I was glad, because it's frustrating to keep getting it wrong. All that's left is to hitch up and get the trailer down off the blocks and we'll be done. At last!

We haven't totally opened the trailer yet but so far, it looks like we might have finally been able to banish the mice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I tried on ALL the clothes in my wardrobe (not at the same time....), and every item that was the wrong size or had a hole or stain was taken out. Wrong-sized clothes went to the charity container, problem-items were thrown away. I did not add any of them to the mending pile, didn't even take the buttons off; I just threw them away. I know there are a few 'charity' items still in the laundry pile, but I did not wait for them before I threw the bag in the charity container. I really wanted to get the old stuff out off my house!

I still have to fill out those forms......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You could check with the charity you want to donate to. Some take the not so good stuff because they bundle it and sell it by the pound to businesses that make rags or do other things with them. You may be able to keep them out of the landfill that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Painting windows today on the outside and getting them ready for alumi storm windows..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unpacked one shoebox from the garage. We moved in March 2011, youngest dd was born April 2011. We had lots of help, so I have no clue where my stuff is

I've started Flylady babysteps. Parts of my house are already organized, others are not, or are quickly getting out of control. Dh likes to major clean before visitors, I prefer to do a bit every day, but my work is not enough to return to order what I, dh and 2 dds have messed up during the day. I'm currently working on babystep 1 'shine your sink'; on 'homework done incorrectly still blesses your family', and on 'don't be a martyr'. I've discussed with dh that I prefer to do a bit together every evening that will give our family a better home / life. He's currently working on 2 laptops: 1 will go to his relatives in Africa, the other (with built-in webcam) will go to a friend who is 5 months pregnant and has been ordered to stay in bed for at least 2 months. That's fine with me, as long as I know he's not internetting or just couchpotato-ing I'm happy.

This update is a bit longer than expected, but it does describe what I do to get our home back into shape.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to get my act together too and learn to turn off the computer. Can't seem to do it right now though. I do much better when I only allow myself to be online after supper, during my winding-down time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Paid of our renovation loan today! 1 year early!
    It's such a great feeling that we can now decide for ourselves what we will do with our money every month. I hated it that the bank would just take it out of our account. A necessary evil. I see a vacation in our near future :-)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast