Frugal Village Forums banner

Declutter challenge-anyone still with me?

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  aylasmommy 
#1 ·
I freed myself of 5 bags of clothes yesterday. I am slowly decluttering, but it feels so good when the bags/boxes leave the house.

How are you doing?

#2 ·
Danielle, I'm still with you although my decluttering is almost complete also. I just have a couple dresser drawers to finish and then the porch and I'm finished too.

It does feel so good. One thing I found about decluttering though is that as long as you have a family, you'll continue decluttering. It just won't be as much each time you do it.

#3 ·
Danielle, I am HOPING to have my garage sale next weekend. Didn't want to do it Mother's Day, so I put if off to next weekend, of course, we'll see how I'm feeling after being in Boston with 167 8th graders for 3 days! Whatever doesn't sell is going out, out, OUT of this house!

#8 ·
Yesterday the Canadian Diabetic Association came to our village to pick up bags that anyone had to donate. It's great, they come around once every 6 weeks and you can donate anything that you would take to Goodwill, Salvation Army. I set out 6 bags!! Felt good to watch that truck drive off!!:smball:

#11 ·
As Marla Cilley says....He who dies with the most stuff, doesn't win!

I'm back on the wagon...I'll start this weekend. Babysteps!

#12 ·
I need to get in on this....my house is trashed!!!! Of course with 2 adults, 3 kids under age 6, 1 100lb rottenwiller, 1 cat, 2 goldfish all living in a 1000 sft 2 bedroom house I'm lucky I have room for the groceries..... BOY DO I NEED TO DO THIS!!!! It seems that I just can't get into the swing of things :(

#13 ·
I've been decluttering since we moved into our house about ten months ago. I'm almost completely done. The boxes for goodwill are getting loaded up tonight and I'm dropping those off. As soon as I get a new dish set I'll be dumping out my old set. Then, my house will officially be decluttered.

#14 ·
I do decluttering pretty often but like you guys say it just never ends.

I did take some pictures today to start selling a few things on ebay. I have two bags of stuff in the car~ i went to goodwill monday but they were 'full' till the next day! lol, poor guy had to stand there all day I guess??

I do want to declutter more today. I want to get rid of kitchen stuff I rarely use, but part of me says 'what if i need it?' Like my WOK, it was a wedding gift, but we really don't use it anymore. Then there are things like pie tins, egg jello molds...just stuff stuf stuff :(

oh but I know where a lot of the problem comes from, my sweet MIL keeps giving us tons of stuff for ayla...animals, books puzzles. Man we already have tons of books in the storage.

Speaking of which, I should drag my booty out there and declutter the storage! Yeahhhh...then I'll head out to goodwill and see if they are actually accepting stuff...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.