Frugal Village Forums banner

Quick Toss Challenge

2K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  Ellise 
#1 ·
Okay, your first bit of real work. No thinking involved in this one. In fact, the less thinking the better!

Get a small bag...could be a grocery bag, a small trash bag, a shopping bag from an OLD shopping trip (since we know no one is spending money in 2005!). Anyway, find a small bag. I want you to walk around your house and fill it with garbage. I really mean garbage. I'm not really looking for you to be making decisions about things here. Toss the junk. Tissues, envelopes, pieces of paper, napkins, old toilet paper rolls, plastic wrap, etc. Throughout your entire house, if you can't find garbage on the surface, open up drawers, cabinets, etc. I bet you can find enough stuff to toss to fill up a bag. When you finish, take that bag right outside to the trash. It's amazing the sense of accomplishment that you feel when you are able to ge rid of stuff, even when it's stuff that you know is just garbage!

If it takes you all day to fill the bag, that's fine. You can do it in steps or you can just bring that little bag around with you as you do your daily work. Just fill it, my friends!

#3 ·
Done. :D I just walked around and was able to fill a small bag quickly by going through mail, tossing some catalogs and magazines, and just picking up papers.

#4 ·
Yeah, Sara! :clap:

It's funny, people always think, "I can't fill up a small bag with garbage! I just don't have garbage in my clean home!"

Garbage/trash doesn't always mean stuff that is yuckky and smelly. It means stuff that is just hanging out, taking up space and is dying to be thrown away! It's whatever we would quickly toss if a friend called and said, "Hey! I'll be there in 5 minutes!"

#5 ·
:thumb:

#11 ·
I started doing this yesterday....It started off with a grocery bag and I ended up filling a large trash bag half way with old mail from when we moved and old Magazines that have been read so many times we should probably have them memorized by now :toothy:

#12 ·
Been doing this for several months and I can go back to where I decluttered and still find more stuff. Decided enough is enough and tossing. Filled a 1/4 of a garbage bag full this a.m.

#13 ·
This is something I do regularly. Often, I leave a bag on the doorknob and drop stuff into it all day. At the end of the day or when it is full, I pitch it and start a new one the next day. Doing this also helps to keep from leaving stuff laying around. It's easier to ditch it in the bag than laying it somewhere to be dealt with later.

#18 ·
I am so proud of everyone! You are all doing great! :hugz:

I'm about to do it myself. I just got back from grocery shopping, so I've got my bag all ready!

#20 ·
Done!! It took awhile, as I got distracted by cleaning other things along the way

#21 ·
I'm so proud of us all!

I got two grocery bags full this evening. It makes me feel SO good to get it out of here!

If you did this, good for you! If not...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? :D

#26 ·
This is probably one of the main reasons my house doesn't get really nasty.. I try to do this every other day or so. I do it especially once the kids come home from school, and they have three of all of the announcements... UGHH... It is amazing how much "stuff" does pile up.. Thanks for the reminder to do it today...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.