Sock it to your Sock Drawer!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Sock it to your Sock Drawer!

Okay, well, many of you jumped the gun yesterday (and I'm proud of that!) and did your socks along with your undies. If you did not (like me!) today I want you to go to your sock drawer and dump it out on your bed. Then, go through your sock drawer and seriously thin out the herd. Socks that are worn through or almost worn through. Gone. Socks that don't have mates. Gone. Socks that you never wear, gone. We all have so many socks, but we don't need all we have, especially since we certainly don't wear them all!

When you are done put your socks back in an organized manner. White socks on one side, colors on another; athletic socks in one place, dress up in another; etc. Figure out what system of organization works best for you and use it. It's not going to help you if you just shove them all back in the drawer!

Oh, and if you already did this...not to worry...look for the quick toss thread...you've still got an assignment!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH did this yesterday!!!!!! (he's taken over as the King of Frugal in our house, he's even polished the crown with an old sock!)

Yes, DH got up yesterday, threw all but two pairs of socks away (the pairs we were wearing!). We've been meaning to do this for ages but he just did it - I think he's been logging in here when I've not been looking. LOL.

He then went to the shops bought himself 10 pairs of matching black socks (without being told that would be a good idea!) and bought me socks of my very own - I usually wear his. He has bought me a 5 pack of trainer socks in turqoise, pale pink, pale blue, fuschia pink and white, and some longer socks in the same colours.

Better still, all the socks he bought were "buy two packs get 1 off".

So even better, I was so happy and surprised even about something as small as this, it was just nice to know he was thinking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow! That's great and inspiring story!

All hail britbunny's dh! Let's take a note from his actions and do the same unto our own sock drawers!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did this yesterday as well

I have all my dress socks in one drawer, along with nylons. My white socks (the ones I wear to the gym) are in another drawer. I only got rid of one pair, that was all that I could throw away, all the others are in great shape.

I'm not quite sure why I need an entire drawer full of dress socks and another drawer full of white socks. I won't buy socks for quite a while!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll have to do all of ours at once. DS's shouldn't be a problem since all of his are fairly new.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Two things learned today and this challenge-1. I need some new socks and undies and 2. I really need to do some laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Socks are all done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

HELP!!! I'm drowning in socks! I'm still doing this part of the challenge, days later! I started on time with the rest of you, but I can't get through all these socks! I think between dh and I we have THOUSANDS of socks! I'm doing my best to pair them all up, but some are just so similar but maybe not really a pair but maybe they are but maybe...AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!