Frugal Village Forums banner

Quick Toss Challenge #5

972 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Layne 
#1 ·
Okay, it's that time of the week again (actually, I think it's been about a week and a half since we've done this!)

Get a trash bag...go around your house and get the trash out! Go in drawers, on top of horizontal spaces, look under things, around things, move things, etc.

Even if you don't fill your bag completely, when you finish, toss the bag in the garbage outside. Just get it out of your house. You'll be amazed at how satisfying it is.

#4 ·
So, how'd it go? I filled up a bag and a half. It was pretty bad. But, now it's gone!

G
#6 ·
ya know...

i do this myself weekly... however, besides the trash that builds up in the obvious places (trash cans, floor, etc) - I end up throwing away most of MY things to make room for everyone else's stuff.

Thankfully I've pared down my useless things (like dust collectors - I now only own 2 statues - but a bunch of candles! lol).

I've made it a rule to not get me gifts or things that just sit around & collect dust. Only things to be used (like my first ever pair of ear-warmers a few months ago, or candles, incense, clothes, anything for the house to use!).

Hell i asked for a toilet brush & some household cleaner on my bday cuz I dont need or want anything.

So I go through the house - attempting to ween the little one (almost 12!!!) from all his useless toys (some still in original packaging!) & things he hasnt used in 6 mos/more and doesnt intend to... but he "likes" everything. LOL

*sigh*

Anyway... I end up doing this myself & never thought anyone else did this crazy things like I do!

LoL

Maybe soon I'll be able to secretly start discarding some of their things! LOL (not)

Sue

#7 ·
I have this week-end off. Definetly going to do this. Will keep you guys updated!

#8 ·
Did this yesterday with the help of DH.

Surprising how much stuff I'm still finding though. took a huge bag of shredded paper to the recycling place last night, our front room and bedroom now look gorgeous.

Not quite got round to finishing the spare bedroom though... it might take a while

#9 ·
I didn't have time earlier in the week so will be doing this challenge today. :)

ssn01 - I also have been asking for non-clutter type gifts from the family. I love receiving candles or pretty smelling lotions and shower gels that I would probably not spend the money on myself.

#10 ·
Did it last night. Threw out almost a full industrial size trash bag full.....old magazines, expired coupons, old papers, boxes, worn out and socks that don't have mates....etc. I've been on a cleaning/tossing kick again since we seem to have run out of room with all the baby stuff :)

#11 ·
Tossed two bags last night! :smball:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.