Do You Love It?

Thread: Do You Love It?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Do You Love It?

Okay, here's todays challenge. I want you to go into your most cluttered room. Seriously, look around. Now...I want you touch everything in the room. As you hold it, decide...do I love it? Do I REALLY love it? Do I use it? Have I used it in the past 6 months? If the answer is no for any of these questions, get rid of it. Add it to your donation box, or if you think no one can use it, toss it. Right away.

If the answer is yes, then you need to ask one more question. "Is this where it goes?" If not, then take it IMMEDIATELY to where it goes and put it away.

I'm not specifying a room because I think we all have our own trouble room. For me, I have two. My bedroom and this office. So, I'll be doing this in both rooms today.

Please do this with me. I think you'll feel better if you do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm doing this with you Amy and its our m/bedroom. I posted in your other thread exactly what our m/bedroom is like. I'm not sure if I'll finish this today because I'm also re-decorating the room (wallpaper and Victorian border), but its half done from yesterday.

I already have 3 boxes taped and ready for goodwill. And have thrown out 2 bags full of papers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I am getting up to do this right now! I have been stashing stuff in our guest room for weeks and I really need to get it together. I even have a few boxes of knicknacks and stuff that we haven't unpacked since we moved in our house last May!! That tells you how much I just love having dust collectors around because I haven't felt the need to unpack them! Time for them to go in the sale/donate box. I think I am going to take a bunch of old pictures out of frames and put them in my photo albums.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I am leaving Florida for home on Tues. Looks like I will be dong a lot of decluttering, as we have decided to move down here!!!! I will be needing alot of advice, regarding packing, etc... Also, I will be having a garage sale, never had one before, so I'll need advice about that!!! I will be continuing doing the challenge, along with the spring cleaning challenge!

June grocery challenge $114.99/$400

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds great so far! Check in with us and let us know how you are progressing! I just got back from my father-in-laws, so the work will begin shortly!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll try to do some of this later this evening. Today I'm working on just getting my house back in order but I use the "do I love it" method all of the time. It's how I got my house decluttered and it really works.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Office is done. Stuff has been put back where it goes, a I have grocery bag full of garbage to take out to the trash on my way to the van later, and the office, in general is no longer causing me pain.

Dh is going to help me attack the laundry later. Master Bedroom...watch out!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Amy, you should see my bedroom. All the wallpaper is done, just waiting to put the border on. Over half is decluttered and once I'm off here, I'm going to be doing the top of my dresser. It feels so good to have it almost finished.

Thanks for this challenge - it kept me going when I wanted to quit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OK Amy I am in.. I just read this.. Hectic week, DD(11) was in the hospital on Easter Sunday and Monday with double pneumonia,so I am still playing catch up on all the house work and such... I hope to be done with this challenge by the end of Monday... Thanks
    Bonnie mom to

DD Roari 20 who is now a JUNIOR AT BAYLOR!!
    DS Craig 18 who is still working to get his permit
    DS Jared 16 just hanging with friends
    DD Valory 11 who will now be in MIDDLE SCHOOL

Lord help me, I have THREE teenagers TWO ADULT KIDS !!!

Married to Lyndell for 21 years.

Avatar courtesy of me... Iris' I planted in my front yard a few years ago...[/FONT]

2014 Goals
    Cut down on all unnecessary things.
    Free is best.
    Get the garage completely cleaned out.
    Make the yards nice-weed, mow, plant, flowerbeds,etc.
    Stay home more/eat out less if at all.
    FIND A NEW JOB!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I am going to do *gulp* the playroom It is in total chaos. I cleaned it really well a month ago, and the children have just torn EVERYTHING up! I am getting rid of mega toys too! Will fill you in when I finish. If I am not back in 3 days, send help!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made some good progress yesterday. I at least got the stuff sitting in piles on a destination course and I threw away a bunch of trash. I'll be working on it some more tomorrow. Tonight I have to go through the stacks of receipts and mail I've been putting off! Good luck everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am soo behind Just got to this post today. Bonnie I hope your daughter is doing ok. I am using the :do I love it" method in our bedroom first. No major remodeling just a good old fashioned cleaning. Have started by going through the closet and getting rid of 3 grocery bags of winter clothes. Hope to have the room done by tomorrow morning.