Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-09-2003, 04:00 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2001
- Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
- Blog Entries
- Rep Power
Article: Tips for a pleasant smelling home
If you're anything like me and the scent of something pleasant can instantly lift your mood, then a house that is pleasant smelling will be a constant lift-booster. Here are some ways to do it.
1. As far as possible, keep unpleasant smells away from the house or at least away from the main living areas. Ask family members to leave smelly shoes outside. Ban smoking in your house. Make sure the toilet door is always closed. Empty the rubbish bin frequently.
2. Use sweet-smelling products while cleaning. Put talcumn powder on the carpet before vacuming. Put a drop of your favourite essential oil in buckets of water used to clean the floor. Make up your own cleaning products and add some of your favourite smells.
3. Keep a candle or an oil burner in every single room and use them. Burn some incense sticks.
4. Keep clothes sweet smelling by putting slices of soap between them. Add a drop of your favourite essential oil to the laundry.
5. Open windows as much as possible through the day. Plant flowers or sweet smelling shrubs near windows so that their scent carries indoors. Keep a vase of fresh flowers in the house.
6. Cook often. Cook things that smell nice: bread, biscuits, tasty stews. If you don't have the time to make them from scratch, buy packet mixtures.
Copyright 2000, Liz Palmer
Liz Palmer is the publisher of two e-zines. Mothers_zine 9(http://lizpalmer.terrashare.com/Parenting.htm) is a weekly newsletter for mothers, including articles, recipes, handy hints and more. To subscribe, send an e-mail to
By Libby in forum Home EnvironmentReplies: 0Last Post: 04-08-2011, 02:11 PM
By Sara Noel in forum Just TipsReplies: 54Last Post: 12-03-2007, 04:36 AM
By Sara Noel in forum Home and FamilyReplies: 2Last Post: 04-07-2004, 01:17 PM
By Sara Noel in forum Home and FamilyReplies: 0Last Post: 04-06-2004, 02:00 PM
By Sara Noel in forum Home and FamilyReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Tags for this Thread