What did you plant/harvest today? - Page 17
Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Woo hoo!! The lavender came up today!! And I *think* I see some signs of life from the cactus rows!
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want some lavender. I cannot get that stuff to grow for some reason

OK, today I trans'ed pumpkins, melons, & some herbs. I got more bean seed in as well. Oh trans'ed cukes too.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just bought seeds and sprinkled them on the potting soil, and they popped right up. Maybe try buying a seed packet? I have several plants that are doing well, one of which is mature enough to produce blossoms. I tend to ignore them, and they seem to like it that way.

One of the cactus that I planted is a Lithops, which is my favourite cactus. They are also called living stones, because they look a bit like rocks. Some people call them split-rock cactuses. The babies just started popping out of the ground. I think all babies, even baby plants, are cute.
    DH aka Mad Hen

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today my 6 year old daughter and I picked the first of the strawberries. YUMMMY. The broccoli will be ready in about two weeks... Things are coming along well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by madhen View Post
    I just bought seeds and sprinkled them on the potting soil, and they popped right up. Maybe try buying a seed packet? I have several plants that are doing well, one of which is mature enough to produce blossoms. I tend to ignore them, and they seem to like it that way.
    That's what I did- re: seed packet. I'm trying again this year, so we'll see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have read that you can start lavender from cuttings, as well, but I haven't tried it yet. Sounds like a good Sunday project.
    DH aka Mad Hen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today we harvested broccoli and spinach. We froze both of them after eating some, of course.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've been harvesting:
    rhubarb
    strawberries
    spinach
    cilantro
    chinese greens
    lots of eggs

It's nice to bring in food from the backyard, isn't it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

• 3 qt strawberries between my garden & my fil's.
    • 2 c basil
    • a few "sprigs" of lemon balm
    *~*Michelle*~*

"You can't have your best health without exercise. It's just not possible" ~ Leslie Sansone, WATP

Follow us on Twitter!

Become a Fan of Frugal Village on Facebook!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started my lavendar by sprinkling it in a pot too! Mines' still in the pot though, inside.

This weekend I harvested more cherry tomatos & my 1st white eggplant. I also got about 1/2 gallon of blueberries from Auntie's bushes! These are snacking ones, as I got 1 1/2 gallons from the last visit - put in the freezer until I can make some jelly!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Took cuttings from the lavender, fig, geranium, and iceplant and am trying to root them. Also took some off-shoots from the aloe and repotted them.
    DH aka Mad Hen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Harvested two red onions and some blackberries and alpine strawberries today.

Potted four cactus off-shoots. I haven't tried this before, but the plant book I have says you can do it, so it will be fun if they root!
    DH aka Mad Hen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally got my veggie garden planted yesterday. It has been cool and rainy around here and I waited for better weather. I do have some pumpkins that popped up after 3 days. There was hail and bad storms in our area yesterday but it went below us and above us so all of my flowers are ok. For the veggies I plant all seeds except for the tomatoes that I start in the house so I am hoping that nothing rots in the ground. Time will tell all.

Monner

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my first year in my house so I am starting from scratch with a lot of my garden stuff. Yesterday I planted my herb garden. I planted basil, parsley, sage, thyme and chives. I hope to get my tomatoes and cucumbers planted today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Planted my first crop a few days ago...leaf lettuce in two flower boxes! Already have little green plant babies!
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without...

Building emergency fund to $5K, then snowballing credit card debts in balance order. Following those with medical bills in collections, a vehicle loan and then student loans..plans subject to change as I learn more and life happens