Bert the bad chicken - Page 5
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh yeah.........BIG RED FLAG........post dated check??? No way...

When I sell on CL I won't even take a check......let alone a post dated one. It's cash or nothing! That is pretty much standard here.

Think you did good and since he is 'jacking you around' I would just tell him the deal is off.

boy if I had someone close to get fresh eggs I sure would be doing it.......if you put a few posts in grocery stores......at church.....or even on CL bet you could get some regular customers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    As for the would-be buyer. Hey, no harm, no fowl.
    I must be slipping. I expected at least ONE groan for that one...
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Greebo, I caught that ..... thought it was cute myself....
    been to my blog yet ?
    --------My signature--------
    The economy is now uncharted waters... grab a oar and start rowing. ~~
    Put the frog in pot, turn up the heat real slow, and the frog doesn't hop out. And by the time he realizes, he should , it's too late... think about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No - is it hosted here?
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not yet. I am still trying to get into my fall schedule.
    BUT...I do have a idea, and just need some more time to get the creative juices flowing....
    So very soon

This is what I have so far. I am a blog newbie.
    http://bertthebadchicken.blogspot.com/

I have more chicken pics in this photo album
    http://imageevent.com/ladytoysdream/chickens
    Put the frog in pot, turn up the heat real slow, and the frog doesn't hop out. And by the time he realizes, he should , it's too late... think about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by greebo View Post
    as for the would-be buyer. Hey, no harm, no fowl.

okay.......groan!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    okay.......groan!!!
    yaaaaaaaaaaay

Greebo

Three

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, a quick update.
    The guy called back this afternoon. Finally got here about 6:30 pm and left with 7 chickens and the Ernie rooster. They are on their way to a small farm of 40 acres. Cash deal. He wants a call back in the spring when I get some babies hatched out from the orpington group I have. I figured he would like them when he saw them. He said his wife's father passed away the beginning of this week, and that was the reason our deal got tripped up.
    I am going to do a post on my blog about Bert's reaction to Ernie leaving.
    Probably in the morning. It's been a very long day here for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love the chicken stories, I laughed till I cried, I turned off tv to help save money, and bought 5 chickens 2 reds, 2 buffs and a bannie hen they were already pullets when I got them and not used to handling so we spent some time working with them, we had a temporary fence up for a week it worried me with cats and other animals, DH built a yard for them that is covered and we used my brothers old dog house he built for a temporary coop (dog house was for a very large dog they had 2 dogs sharing it) We go out and watch the chickens everyday and they have there own personalities there is red she is our biggest chicken then pumpkin and my 2 buffs are Blondie (she has a poof on her tail) then sweet pea and my bannie is princess she laid her 1st egg yesterday it was blueish green, that was my 1st egg from any of my chickens I was so excited I text everybody so I am hoping for 2-3 eggs next spring plan on buying more chickens but thought 5 was a good place to start. I look my chickens princess laughs at you when you come out and Blondie is the bully so I agree I don't think they will end up on the supper table. can't wait to hear more about Burt tomorrow will check out your blog.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by schellie69 View Post
    I love the chicken stories, I laughed till I cried, I turned off tv to help save money, and bought 5 chickens 2 reds, 2 buffs and a bannie hen they were already pullets when I got them and not used to handling so we spent some time working with them, we had a temporary fence up for a week it worried me with cats and other animals, DH built a yard for them that is covered and we used my brothers old dog house he built for a temporary coop (dog house was for a very large dog they had 2 dogs sharing it) We go out and watch the chickens everyday and they have there own personalities there is red she is our biggest chicken then pumpkin and my 2 buffs are Blondie (she has a poof on her tail) then sweet pea and my bannie is princess she laid her 1st egg yesterday it was blueish green, that was my 1st egg from any of my chickens I was so excited I text everybody so I am hoping for 2-3 eggs next spring plan on buying more chickens but thought 5 was a good place to start. I look my chickens princess laughs at you when you come out and Blondie is the bully so I agree I don't think they will end up on the supper table. can't wait to hear more about Burt tomorrow will check out your blog.....
    THANKS ....I am glad you like the stories
    You should be getting more eggs soon. At first they are not consistent but then they get on a schedule. Some lay every day. Some lay maybe 5 or 6 times, a week.
    I now have 6 pullets - 3 reds, 1 orpington, 2 huge white.
    I am getting 4 or 5 eggs per day from them. Then we have the 16 orpingtons who will be 3 months old the middle of this month. I believe most of them are girls. These will be my new group of hens, and I hope to incubate eggs from them for spring chicks. We also have the 2 adult roosters left. I think we are all set now for the winter. The new coop is working well

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the update........glad it worked out.

Gees......I miss Ernie too. Will miss hearing about the two of them. He kind of added 'something' to Ernie's personality.....maybe the 'bullie factor'....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think Ernie is going to be just fine. The man has a good background on chickens. He was wanting some laying hens because he has some people looking for eggs as regular customers. He wants his little farm to be organic. Which is a LOT of work btw.

This all reminds me of when I started working with rabbits years ago. I only started with a few and that was because of the kids wanting a 4H project. It was a constant learning experience. I built it up into a nice little part time business. I could not get it into full time because I did not have the space I needed to grow it. My hubby worked for the dairy farmer, and I had a small area in one of the barns for my bunnies. I also ended up building over 1000 wire cages. It made it a lot easier to sell bunnies. When the farmer sold his cows, my hubby ended up with another job, and we ended up buying 2 acres from him, and building our current place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well it's a lot calmer in the chicken house. 8 less birds does make a difference Should be able to get through winter just fine now. Then in the spring, I will be trying for some extra chicks.
    I went to another local small farmer's market yesterday. Trying to get a feel for what is out there. I did not see anyone selling eggs at this one. But the hubby was rushing me, so I only was able to chat a little , and buy some buttercup squash. I will be going back next saturday morning without him, to check things out further. Maybe buy some more squash to put in the freezer.

Bert is still getting out and Lucy too. He likes digging in the garden.

Hubby was able to buy some red paint for the chicken house yesterday. He wants it to match our garage, and the other shed we have.

Just been getting ready for winter here. Nothing very exciting

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well I have gotten 4 eggs in 5 days from my bantam chicken the other ones haven't started laying yet, I don't know whats going on with the bigger ones, but I cooked up my 4 eggs this morning it was so nice to have farm fresh eggs again....

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast