Frugal Village Forums banner

Snow-Absolutely no snow.

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Hamada 
#1 ·
There is absolutely no snow in my area. There is much snow within about 50 to 100 km in all directions, yet none had fallen in my area. We have had one minor snow storm during the last three months. This is totally abnormal for this area.
1 January 2011. Weather- no snow. Picture showing the only snowfall, and conditions today 1 January 2011.

Usually we are covered with about two feet of snow at this time of year.

#8 ·
I am with you dc.........and something ABOVE freezing would be nice.

We are supposed to get more on Wed.........and Thursday..........and Friday!!! :yikes: I will send it east!!!!!!!!!

I am getting 'nasty grams' from the post office to get my mailbox dug out.............the dogs are giving me dirty looks in the morning as they only have about a 10 by 10 poop area and it is a little more yellow than they like :laugh:..........:smhelp: Please..........:thud:

#5 ·
They keep teasing us with snow in the forecast but all we've gotten so far this year is a flurry here, a flurry there, and the occasional patch of ice on the road. Not even seeing the frog (frozen fog) we normally have...weird!

#9 ·
Your new Greenhouse have anything to do with it? :D

How are things growing?

#10 ·
#13 ·
We got dumped on once over winter break, but it was dry?! How do you have dry snow? I couldn't make snowballs out of it, weird. Dry powder, is that the stuff skiiers like?

#14 ·
My area had 5 or so inches of snow right after Christmas, although areas in different sections of the state had up to 2 feet, I think. But people still went out on the roads despite the Blizzard warnings. Then they had the nerve to complain about the roads not being cleared because the plows either got stuck themselves or had to dodge their cars or because the wind blew everything back on the road, no matter what these people did.

Today we got about an inch of snow but the roads look ok. They're probably slick but I haven't seen if they're snow covered. Probably not so much seeing as the snow's not deep enough to stop people from driving.

#18 ·
I've got a four letter word for the snow and it isn't snow.

:crackup:

I'm afraid we're hogging all of the snow, Durgan. You're more than welcome to come out this way to get it. I'd bring it to you but we can barely make it out of our driveway without getting stuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.