Fake Food

Thread: Fake Food

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Fake Food

Blueberries faked in cereals, muffins, bagels and other food products - Food Investigations - NaturalNews.tv

Reasons to grow and prepare your own food from scratch.I am getting to the point that you can't trust anyone,but I really don't get how these companies get away with labeling products the way they do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They get away with it because consumers look at the pretty pictures on the front and don't read that pesky fine print on the back.

I read so often on these forums about the cheap food prices people are finding and just shake my head at what they're really getting. I'd have to be desperate to feed my family all that prepared "food". Sure, it saves money in the short term, but what's the real cost in the long run?

The older I get, the more cynical I become about stuff like this, and the less I trust the food companies, importers, and government oversight agencies.

What irks me about food lately is how there are laws on the books to ensure food labels indicate country of origin, but so much of what I pick up in the store is labeled 'distributed by...' which doesn't tell a consumer a thing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry

I know,it is ridiculous how the food industry works.But as you say,if you don't read the labels and fall for the pictures, well you need some education on the subject.
    We were talking about this the other day.Breyers Ice Cream,which we CALL ice cream,has a tiny writing at the bottom of the container 'FROZEN DESSERT".What a joke.The first ingredients are modified milk ingredients,and it goes downhill from there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm convinced processed foods are what's causing so much of the disease in this country. It can't all be because of fast food and too much time playing video games. The rise in health problems seems to have started at the same time convenience foods started becoming popular.

This is why coupon shopping doesn't work very well for me. I don't buy the 'foods' most coupons apply to anyway.
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

no wonder I don't like the berry filled, berry flavored, berry imitation products. blech
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now all my adult life I have been a label reader my oldest was allergic to milk. The habit has continued.

That said I must ask are there really people who believe the pictures on the front?

Also my experience has been the shorter the lngredients list the cheaper the price, unless it is being sold as heathier. And some ultra short list can be found in odd places
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)