Frugal Village Forums banner

Could you survive the 1860's?

Tags
1860 survive
2K views 28 replies 27 participants last post by  AmyBoz 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I got all but one, but could live without the beer anyway !

#5 ·
I scored 8 out of 8, but I used to work in a living history museum that depicted life in Wichita from 1869-1880. I love the post Civil War period. I would rather live now, however.

#7 ·
I missed three!! That was really cool! I play Lady Stillwell for Bristol Renaissance Faire, so I know some of that history, but not the 1800's! Very cool!

#8 ·
Dang it! I only missed the one about the Ginger Pop. Never heard of it before.

Thanks for sharing this. It was fun!

#9 ·
I missed 3....
the one about the gingerale...I had just seen an "Unwrapped" episode where they said gingerale was the first soda pop in the US. So I said soda instead of beer...but I have heard of ginger beer!

#13 ·
I guess I would perish! I only got two out of eight right.

#15 ·
I got 4 out of 8 but I take exception to the milk question. It would not spoil before it got to your house, other wise the logical outcome is that people were receiving spoilt milk and happily drinking it. I have a hard time believing that.

Also, we grew up with milk cows and without running water and electricity for a good portion of our childhood and I know if doesn't spoil that quickly. We would set it in the back room to separate the cream from the milk naturally. That would be anywhere from overnight to the next evening depending on our schedules. It was yummy and none of us died. I think that answer is just product of our germ paranoid society.

Christine

#21 ·
That's what I thought, too!

--Michelle

#20 ·
I got 5 out of 8 correct.

--Michelle

#22 ·
I only missed one but darn it I wanted to know them all.... now I do! :)

#24 ·
I missed two thought the ginger drink was pop

#26 ·
Guess so. I got 8 right. ;)

#27 ·
Well, I only got three right but since I am a nurse and I got the one about medical asepsis correct I feel good about my score :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.