Down on the Homestead: August 21-27th
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Down on the Homestead: August 21-27th

Good morning homesteaders.  It's a beautiful crisp morning here in my neck of the woods, it's going to be a great week.

I have a friend arriving tomorrow for a two day visit.  I'll be tidying things up and doing the chores I'd usually do later in the week.  I'll probably have a busy day trying to fit it all in.  I'm up for the challenge though, if I had anymore energy I'd be dangerous.

I'll be baking bread later and making enough dough for the freezer to do us through her visit.  There is nothing my visitors like more than homebaked bread and fresh eggs and tomatoes from the backyard.  Simple treats, you can't beat them.

I hope you have a good week too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I did some laundry and dishes, and spent the day trying to relax. Got started on my brother's quilt for Xmas, got one square done. I'm going to take my time, try and get one square done a day, so I dno't go bonkers trying to get it all done at once. All the pieces are cut, it's just a matter of stitching it together.

Also prepared some white navy beans -- boy did they ever take an eternity to cook! Next time, I think I'll just stick to good ol' kidney beans.

Almost finished the corn chowder -- I think there's enough left for me to take in my lunch tomorrow, which is good -- don't have to pack or make anything!

Went through the flyers and picked out the items on which DH and I'll save the most money and where. Still have to make a grocery list, since apparently there's "no food in the house".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone!

Its a beautiful day here, not too hot, but definately sunny and gorgeous.

We went to church this morning and afterwards stayed for an impromtu meeting about the youth group this coming year. We watched a video from the camp last week, and saw how crazy they all were, what a powerful week it was for them.

We're staying at home and relaxing, tomorrow it is back to work.

Question for you ladies: Why do all the moderators have 'Bob' in their names? I think its cute!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone.

Dutchwoman - the "Bob" behind the moderator's names is also behind some of the member's names. Its a "Sara thing". She just gives a member a "Bob" just for fun and whenever she wants. Keep watching, one day you just might have a "Bob" behind your name.

Well it was a busy weekend even though I wasn't feeling well. We had a fun time at our oldest dd's farm. The weather was cool, although just right for playing outside.

Sat. I canned all morning, then headed to bed in the afternoon. In the evening I made another 2 blocks for dd's quilt.

Yesterday we cleaned out the basement. Dh also built more shelving for my stockpile and used scrap wood. We only have a partial basement and we don't want to have anything on the floor now, considering the water than came in this year when we had all the heavy rains. If we decided to stay here, I think we'd insulate the porch and make that into a full-size pantry.

Today, I'm just going to relax and not do much of anything. Tonight its over to the post office to clean.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello everyone.

My friend Susan arrives today. Yipee!!! We'll have a ball while she's here I have a few things to do before she arrives at 4 pm but I'm really looking forward to seeing her.

We're having homemade asparagus soup and hot bread for dinner. Dessert will be the last of a lemon meringue pie I made 2 days ago.

Tomorrow we'll be out most of the day. I have a wonderful day of coffee shops, antiques, the plant nursery and the craft store planned. I hope my budget survives intact.

Have a great day, girls.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good afternoon!

Sun. I had a job interview in a Dr. office for medical assistant. I think that I got it. Not exactly sure... Will let you know.

Today, I went to work from9 - 3, then to get some groceries, and now off to pick up dd from aftercare. Making steaks and pasta for dinner. Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

June grocery challenge $114.99/$400

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Everyone!

I am so tired today! I could fall asleep at this very moment. It's because I only got 6 hrs. of sleep last night. Not quite enough for me. I'll manage through the rest of the day and will feel better once I get out in the fresh air.

I need to pick up an anniversary card for my parents tonight then it's home to make some dinner, finish the laundry and sew a bit. I'm now working on one of two sundresses. I want to make them now as I know we will have a few very warm days before Fall hits. I will at least make one, then if I feel the pinch, work on the Fall skirts next instead of the second sundress, but I hope to make both of them if the first one turns out well.

Been writing Christmas lists. I really want to finish DH's quilt for this year! About half of my blocks are cut. I'm waiting for DH to be gone on a weekend for me to get his fabric out. Not that he would really notice, but he does ask what I'm working on from time to time. I also need to think about my Christmas cards for this year. Since I was so sick last year I need to start early this year. That was such a bummer! I was in bed sick from December 2-19th and I procrastinated. I don't want that to happen again this year! Ugh!

No news on the land yet. We are still waiting for the realitor to get back to us about internet service. Plus deciding if this situation is ideal.

Rhonda- It's always nice to see your face! I hope you are having a great time with your friend today!

CJ- I hope you are feeling better this week!

Dutchwoman- I'm not "Bobbed" yet.

Nada- I hope you are enjoying your quilt making!

Have a great Monday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Julie- I wish you the best on getting the Medical assistant position!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today I cleaned up and decluttered my bedroom. It feels great to walk by there now. I also was able to spend some Mommy/Son time with Patrick. Juila missed her daycare friends and asked to go in today. I let her go for part of the day and took Patrick to school with me to start getting my classroom ready.

I have baked macaroni and cheese mixed with cream of mushroom soup baking in the oven for dinner and we'll have fresh strawberries for dessert.

Tina Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good evening everyone!

I've taken the day to rest after having unexpected company arrive yesterday morning. I was so thankfull for a well stocked pantry. I wrote a bit about it in my stockpile thread.

I had a major headache by the time they left late this morning so I've just rested for most of the day. I couldn't even read because it hurt my eyes too much to focus. I'm doing much better tonight and after a good nights rest I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow.

I talked to dd yesterday. She is having such a good time but she's getting sick. A sore throat and cough. I'm sure now that they're in Finland staying with family that she'll get more rest and feel better quickly. It sure was nice to hear her voice

Well I'm off to bed in a few minutes and I'll read for awhile.

Good nite!
    ~ Tina ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Julie, I also hope you get the job.
    Yesterday, Monday, I spent the morning putting in an application my self. I hope that I get and can manage this job. I will know Wednesday. I am just going to go on faith and get ready for it anyway.
    Have a great day everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone. I'm up way too early, however I have to go for some blood work this morning so I guess that was on my mind.

Once that is over and done with, we are heading into the city. Dh has to go for an eye examination, so we will hit a few stores and the library while we are there. I need to make up some sandwiches and fix drinks so that were not stopping at any restaurant to eat.

Tonight is over to the po to clean and then home to quilt.

Thinking of all of you. Nice to again see some new faces posting to this thread.

Have a great Tues. everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Tuesday morning all!

It has been a very hectic, whirlwind weekend here. I got a really big surprise on Friday and I although I will post it on the main forum, I wanted you all here to be the first to know.

I'M GOING ON A CRUISE! A FREE CRUISE and just to put the icing on the cake...it is a knitting cruise.

The lady who owns the knitting store, (where I teach, and now work a couple of days a week) is sponsoring a knitting cruise. It is an Eastern Canada/New England cruise to see the fall leaves. Any way the teacher who was supposed to go now can't and so they were stuck with no teacher to teach the main knitting seminars on the cruise. So she called me and asked me if I would go. I don't get paid to teach the seminars but all my expenses are paid.

So September 3 I will be heading off on an adventure. I am very excited

I worked all day yesterday and then had a meeting in the evening. Today, I feel like a truck hit me in my sleep. But, I have no children at home right now so DH and I are going to have a leisurely morning before we head off to work this afternoon. I only have a three hour class today.

The weather has turned cool here and the leaves are starting to change colours. I think fall is on the way. It's my favourite time of the year.

I have to call the local produce store today to see if they got any apricots in. My mom wants apricot jam. I also want to get some peaches to make peach jam. My freezer still has plenty of room so I hope to get some broccoli, cauliflower, peppers and some tomatoes done up this week.

Have a great day all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congradulations! What a wonderful surprise. I know that you will have a really good time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations on the cruise!

I still haven't hear about the job yet, we'll see.
    Today I have work to do around the house, vacuum, etc.

Tonight I have to take dd to the library for story time.
    I ope everyone has a good day.

June grocery challenge $114.99/$400

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast