Phone Company Cut my bill!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Phone Company Cut my bill!

Probably the wrong forum to post this but.......

Yesterday evening I got a call fromt eh cable company offering me a deal. If I switched over my phone, fax and internet to them they would reduce my total cost by about $20.00 a month. So I then called the phone company to make sure I didn't have to pay anything to get out of my service with them. I finally asked them to double check to make sure I was taking full advantage of all of the discounts that were available to me. After some hemming and hawing they transferred me to their Customer Retention Department. The lady was able to work some magic! She cut my phone bill by $50 (30%).

I had called many times, but until I actually was able to say what the cable company was going to save me, they were unwilling to deal.

Thought I would share, maybe someone can get inspired and get a savings as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for you!
    House - Start $127,944 Balance $105,032

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got my bill cut $5 a month last week.It was costing that each month to have 5 cents a minute long distance.The people I talk to long distance if I need to talk I call let it ring 2 times and they call me back.I still have long distance for 33 cents a minute but I have 1000 minutes on calling cards that I got for less than 1 cent a minute.I thought why pay $60 a year for this when I hardly ever have to call anyone long distance.This made my phone bill $16 a month now plus I have internet on it $19.95.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rudypoo98 View Post
    I got my bill cut $5 a month last week.It was costing that each month to have 5 cents a minute long distance.The people I talk to long distance if I need to talk I call let it ring 2 times and they call me back.I still have long distance for 33 cents a minute but I have 1000 minutes on calling cards that I got for less than 1 cent a minute.I thought why pay $60 a year for this when I hardly ever have to call anyone long distance.This made my phone bill $16 a month now plus I have internet on it $19.95.
    Have you thought of using Skype instead? It costs me about $20 odd a year and I can call pretty much anywhere worldwide. This past weekend I even had a video conference with my aunt in Halifax (she was in her backyard using wireless and her laptop webcam -- I even got to see her garden, dog and new hubby!).

All you need is decent internet (cable or DSL) and a decent headset.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    Have you thought of using Skype instead? It costs me about $20 odd a year and I can call pretty much anywhere worldwide. This past weekend I even had a video conference with my aunt in Halifax (she was in her backyard using wireless and her laptop webcam -- I even got to see her garden, dog and new hubby!).

All you need is decent internet (cable or DSL) and a decent headset.
    My Sister and BIl would chat on Skype everyday when he was in Iraq. The cell phones wouldn't connect but skype was great for them and my niece too

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go.........anytime you can get them to lower it is great.

I would love to dump Comcast......but don't have a lot of choice here unless I want to use my phone co. Need to investigate some more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To be honest, I would gladly cut off the land lines all together and make due with just the cell. But as I work from home I have to have the phone line as well as a fax line. I also have to have a really high speed internet.

I have looked at skype before for personal use, but I am pretty much the only one in the family with a PC, much less internet.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Josephhgoins View Post
    To be honest, I would gladly cut off the land lines all together and make due with just the cell. But as I work from home I have to have the phone line as well as a fax line. I also have to have a really high speed internet.

I have looked at skype before for personal use, but I am pretty much the only one in the family with a PC, much less internet.

Happy Friday everyone!!
    Hrmm.. could probably move some of those faxes to something like fax.com where you fax online. Avoids extra paper and can direct from email, Word, etc. I haven't had a landline in years and I teach online (use Skype, Webex and file any paper receipts via a scanner and Fax.com).