journals

Thread: journals

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default journals

i noticed people have mentioned having some sort of journal to help them with debt and savings, but i was wondering what do you put in them other than your overall goals as it looks like a ood idea but im stumped to what to put in it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't necessarily have a journal. What I do have, however, is a spiral notebook that I do my budgets and grocery prices in. In the section with the budgets, I write down everything that I do and everything that I want to do. I have a specific section that I write down what payments I make, when I make them and then the time that the amount is paid in full.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a 5 subject spiral notebook.

First section has the budget, what we are spending, etc.

Second section has my savings balances, etc.

Third Section has debt reductions.

4th is the Christmas Section

5th is misc. info.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make a list in a regular notebook. Each month I write what I have as income, then bills that I need to pay and which day due. If I had credit cards ( i used to ) I would mark the minimum in the due date for that bill then figure out when i could pay extra or what day I can transfer into savings.

I look at this and my microsoft money daily, and when I did have credit cards I would pay whatever money I would have leftover (even if its $2.) toward credit card. Online I can make one payment every 24 hours. so every little bit helps. Now I go on my ING every pay day and do the same in addition to my direct deposit to ING. it adds up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use a green accountant columner pad for my budget and my debt payment balances.

I have a spiral that I use to figure what gets paid when so I can map every payday.

I put them in a 1 inch notebook binder with some notebook paper and my file loder that has my actual bills goes in the side pocket of the notebook.

I tear the columner sheets out of the binding they come in and place them in the notebook rings--they hold up to my constantly writing and messing with them lbetter in the notebook lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started doing a journal too last month. I just use a spiral notebook. I write everything in it. Expenditures, when bills are due, etc. I use it as a check register because there is more room to write. I put debt info. I have different pages marked for different categories-gas, food, clothes, etc. I use it grocery lists, Christmas lists, I even have been journaling my Weight Watchers points in it. I really like it a lot. Last month was my first month doing it and I learned a lot when I looked over everything at the end of the month.

BTW, I got a 5 pack of notebooks at Target for $.35 in their school clearance aisle. Can't beat that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I carry a small spiral

that I can take with me. I list every single dollar spent and on what. At the end of a week (or 2 or 3) I compare it to my budget to see where I'm coming in at.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just just use some general balance sheets (well a note book) there I track all money in and out and the balance.

It keeps me on track, one of these days I will start to look at categories so that I can see what I am spending in different areas. That waill take a lot of time though ans there is a year worth of entries.