Check Out Menards For Groceries-with Free Rebated Items!
    Registered User hippytreehugger4ever's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking Check Out Menards For Groceries-with Free Rebated Items!

If you have a Menards store near you, definatly check them out for groceries. The prices are ALWAYS cheaper than Wally-World. In their sale papers they always have items for free after mail-in rebate, and an additional $10 purchase. I get the rebate items and then my additional $10 in grocery items, before coupons. Then after awhile you just keep rolling the rebates you get back! I know, sounds a little , but I've been rolling the same rebates and saving some up for a bigger purchase for about the last year. They also clearance out their HBA quite often, and you can sometimes get payed to take the stuff out of the store (like the Kandoo's they had for $.75 and I had coupons for $1 off, and I don't even have kids!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the tip! I have never considered buying food at Menards. Next time I go I'll have to take a look-see. I just love rolling rebates and CVS extra care bucks, lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What types of food do they have at Menards? We usually go there when we go to a larger town every month or so.

Do they have things like fruits and veggies, or is it mainly convenience and pre-packaged items? I don't recall ever seeing much beyond snack items at our Menards, so this is perhaps a new thing for them? I'll definately look next time we're there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Where are you at in Nebraska? I'm in North Platte! I usually buy some things that I have coupons for, like the spagetti sauce and BBQ sauce. I also buy the clearanced toiletries and sometimes the soda they have in the glass bottles.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just be aware about the rebates...this is what they do here, I'm not sure if they do it every where or not. But you will receive your rebate *check* in the mail, the check has no cash value and can only be used back towards purchases at Menards. Works great if you plan to shop there alot, but doesn't work as well if you don't shop there much!

Just thought I'd share that. They aren't totally clear about it, and when I used to work in the bank, I had so many people try to deposit the rebate checks into their accounts, only to get totally frustrated when I explained that they couldn't actually get cash for them!

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Boyz View Post
    Just be aware about the rebates...this is what they do here, I'm not sure if they do it every where or not. But you will receive your rebate *check* in the mail, the check has no cash value and can only be used back towards purchases at Menards. Works great if you plan to shop there alot, but doesn't work as well if you don't shop there much!

Just thought I'd share that. They aren't totally clear about it, and when I used to work in the bank, I had so many people try to deposit the rebate checks into their accounts, only to get totally frustrated when I explained that they couldn't actually get cash for them!
    I've had the exact same thing happen to me! I had one man tell me that this said same as cash on it and that meant I had to give him cash....he was not happy when I pointed out the words NON NEGOTIABLE!
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, they give them out as store credit here too. I just keep rolling the same ones to get more free merchandise. On the items that end up free they require the additional $10 purchase, so I just get $10 worth of groceries to get my free items.