Frugal Village Forums banner

New uses for Shampoo and Conditioner

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Bellaboo 
#1 ·
Ok another tip ...

I keep cheap, very cheap shampoo in the shower with a sponge and use it to clean my shower and my tub. It smells great and works really well at getting rid of soap scum.

Also I can clean the shower while or after I shower and not worry about strong chemicals.

Shampoo is also great for hand washing delicates.

Second tip ...

Conditioner.. cheap conditioner is great to wash items you want to keep soft.

I add some cheap conditioner to the wash when I wash my bath robe and it stays super soft.

#2 ·
I found this out by accident! When I was married, my ex had his own shower (because I refused to clean it - GROSS!) and a bottle of shampoo got knocked over and there was this beautiful clean streak down the middle! Even the cheap stuff works great!

#3 ·
Thanks for the tips!

#4 ·
Try using conditioner to shave your legs with. Works great and keeps them soft too!

#5 ·
wonderful tips! thank you!

#7 ·
I was going to post the one about using conditioner to shave your legs too. I never use anything else. Plus I get lots and lots of freebies of shampoo and conditioner online so my leg shaving is usually a freebie since I don't have to condition my hair very often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.