Big discount on gas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Big discount on gas

I don't know if this is going on in all states with Krogers or not; but I shop there and noticed this gas promotion and looked at the bottom of my receipt and noticed that I already had 1000 points. 1000 points = $1.00 off each gallon of gas at a Krogers gas station. Soooo I paid $1.79 per gallon and filled up my tank.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yup...Tops Market here in western NY..about the same deal spend $100 get 100 points and 10 cents off a gallon - good for up to 30 gallons of gas. Our points expire if we don't use them by a certain day.
    BEF fully funded
    Debt Reduction
    heloc - $3,299 - 0 yes, yes, yes!
    mortgage - $62,382
    van payoff = <$9,500

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Also if you go online and sign up with Kroger, they will mail you coupons from time to time. The coupons will be based on items you have purchased from Kroger with your Plus card in the past.

I got my coupons today and I will get a free can of Kroger coffee, $2 off produce, money off on Kroger peanut butter, King Arthur flour, Kroger Private Selection ice cream and frozen fruit, cinnamon rolls, crescent rolls, and I can't remember what else.

We keep track of the points we earn towards 10 cent off on gasoline. So they don't go to waste, we keep BOTH trucks full, we filled up our gas cans for hurricane season (with stabilizer to use in the generator if we lose power), and some extra for the motorcycles.

I also use my PayPal debit card as credit for gas and get 1.5% cashback bonus. Right now I am using my Discover card for gas and getting 5% cash back. The bill is paid in full when it comes in. Same thing goes for groceries - 1.5% cash back from PayPal most of the time and 5% on groceries this coming September.
    House - Start $127,944 Balance $105,032

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We don't have anything like that here in Florida, at least where we are. Be nice. We're 1 1/2 hrs or more from anything major in any given direction
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon Sales Challenge/August
    $

Coupons for Year / $745.54

August/ Grocery
    /Goal $175.00 Total

Groceries for Year minus Jan & Feb
    $504.98

Eat Out No More August
    Goal 20
    Accomp/14

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/9

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Weis and Giant in PA do this as well

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have seen gas stations only at a couple of markets, nothing close enough to justify shopping there regularly and not my favorite stores in any event. I have a couple of gas stations just a couple of miles from the house that are routinely cheaper than other stations (although nothing like your saving), and I also use my 5% Discover card to pay for the gas. So it ends up a decent saving. I know that Costco has a gas station and they give 3% off gas with their AmEx card, but I come out a bit ahead buying closer to home and using Discover.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here in NH (and I think MA too) Shaws offers something similar n paternership with Circle K gas stations. I have never used it myself as I don't shop Shaw's but I've seen the promotions.

Kill the mortgage! Goal: 12/2023 Left to go: $142599.43Extra paid: 2012- $4408.03 2013-$5396.21+ $400 extra towards escrow
    2014-$2216.71