School, Organization Fundraiser Shopping Discount Cards
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool School, Organization Fundraiser Shopping Discount Cards

~My DH just bought one from his co-worker's kid for the 4th year in a row. For $10 we get a card that gives us free items and discounts at restaurants and nearby stores.
    Now this is only frugal if you were planning to go anyway to the places that participate. Two of the participants on the card we have are Dunkin' Donuts and Moe's. We are not big fast food spenders but between those two places minus the cost of the card we save over $80 a year.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also buy those from some of our local schools.They have several eating places that we frequent,not fast food places.The one I have now is only $5 and well worth the price.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My son sells those types of cards for football every year. I know that just eating at one of the restaurants listed on the card causing you to virtually pay for it the first time.

Stephanie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love those discount cards, although they've gotten a little more strict, lol. It used to be you could flash your card and get a free sandwich or something. Now, most have gone to a BOGO free scenario. Still, with my boyfriend and I, we tend to save plenty of money.

My nephew sells those each year for school and my sis usually buys several to give away as stocking stuffers at Christmas, so I get mine free.

I DO have to buy the Entertainment books, though. I also love those, lol. We have paid for this year's over and over with just a few coupons. These are great for my boyfriend and I, since most things are buy one dinner or ticket and get one free. It's also allowed us to try some new places, and encourages us to get out and go bowling, to concerts, or whatever else we can get for super cheap, lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the Enterainment books but some years we end up not using them. I don't think we used the last one we had at all. We live in a small town so most of the local coupons are for fast food places that we don't frequent. I may check one out again if someone is doing a fundraiser.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Around here the schools sell these giant coupon books for $10. Used to be an AWESOME deal because Lowes or Home Depot would be in there and it would pay for itself in one trip. Now they don't participate, so it's still a good book, but not as great as it was.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wish we had more here - Pizza Hut does a card that helps there. Haven't gotten an Entertainment Book in years but shall look into it since I think it would be nice if DH got out a little more - since we will not be retiring soon, some on going entertainment now and then sounds wonderful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My older daughter use to sell those discount cards for cheerleading. I don't buy them any more. I don't use the stores that are on them enough to pay $10 for the card. The entertainment books. Not worth the $20 for. Now that I don't have small children we don't go to most of the places in the books. We don't eat out enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They cost $30 around here. That's why I have to think about buying one.