Frugal Village Forums banner

Help...need help with muffins

982 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rachelMcK 
#1 ·
Okay, so I thought I would be frugal today as we ran out of sweet snacks. I decided to make muffins. Mango muffins to be exact. But I have an issue now. The paper cups will not come off with out ripping the muffins to pieces. Is there any way to get them off? They won't be wasted as they will still be eaten, but half of them stick to the paper...

oh, and how would you prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks in advance!!

#2 ·
that always happens to me, :shrug2: i just eat them like that.

never tried it but how about spraying it with nonstick spray? lightly of course since its paper.

#4 ·
I either spray or paint on some oil. To salvage them, you could try oiling the outside of the paper and letting them sit overnight. Then lightly microwave or steam them in the morning.

Reactions: Michelle
#5 ·
Use a spoon!!! :D

#6 ·
Muffins sticking to their paper cups.... that's how I always get them when I buy them in a store/bakery. I'm always scraping the last pieces from the paper.

#7 ·
I ended up cutting the bottom off as close to the paper as possible, then cutting around the sides. It took forever but seemed to salvage as much as possible. Thanks for the advice guys, I'm gonna spray them next time!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.