Frugal Village Forums banner

Anyone buy the Living on a Dime grocery E-books?

12K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Rosebudget1 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I haven't bought these but I have bought others. I was just about to say she usually has sales but I opened the link and they are on sale. I think its worth the $10.

are you signed up for her emails? she has alot of tips in her emails and on her website that I'm sure are similar to what she has in her books.

#3 ·
I haven't bought that one but I have her Dining on A Dime cookbook . It is very good. There are a lot of ideas in it on how to cut your grocery bill. I would think the other books she has written should be just as good.

#10 ·
#13 ·
I went and looked at reviews on Amazon and they were good.
I also found this book recommended in the review because the poster said receipes were high in sugar and oil and this book was healthier.

At any rate if legal I would also be interested in the ebook!

Amazon.com: More-With-Less Cookbook (World Community Cookbook) (9780836192636): Doris Janzen Longacre: Books
I got this book at a thrift store a couple years ago and it has some really great recipes! It is definitely a good book.

#11 ·
From their FAQ.

FAQ - Frugal Living - Save Money And Get Out Of Debt - Living on a Dime®

Can I share my e-books with my friends or with people on the Internet?

No. You may not make copies of the e-books for people who have not purchased them. Our e-books are protected under international copyright laws and unauthorized distribution is a crime subject to prosecution. You may share a recipe or two with a friend. If you would like to excerpt one of the articles for a class or some other similar purpose, you may do so as long as you credit the source as Frugal Living - Save Money And Get Out Of Debt - Living on a Dime® - Frugal Living, Money Saving Tips, Debt Free Living, Free Recipes. If you are uncertain whether something is OK, please contact us here.

#14 ·
I just ordered the 7 book set, and as I look thru them, I think they look very useful..There's even a collection of 244 recipes to sweeten the deal. I put Dining on a Dime in my amazon cart, and requested it from the library to preview. I'll probably order it and the Menus collection in the next month or so.

#16 ·
If I print out an e-book, can I loan out that copy to someone in my own family, or must they purchase their own? I know I can share info I glean, but wonder where to draw the line. For instance, just now, I printed out two copies of one of the e-books because I make the first one booklet format. Then I decided I prefer the ordinary full page version. Should I trash the 40 pages or can I pass them on to my daughter and let her put the booklet together? I'm not printing any of the others til I get more ink...

#20 ·
I'd go with Niko on that situation. Technically it's probably not legal, but within the family like that, I'm sure things like that happen a lot.

Loaning the book would be okay. The copy you paid for, not a copy of the purchased copy.

People don't understand that just because they have bought a book, that doesn't mean they can do as they please with it. Buying a book means the purchaser has bought the right to use that one copy, loan it, sell it, etc. But the buyer can't make copies and give them away or resell them because someone else still owns the intellectual property contained in the book.

People don't understand movie copyrights either or that it's illegal to show DVDs in public places and stuff like that. I've been fighting that battle for five long years with our RV rally group who always wants to screen movies outside at the campground.

Copyright law is very complex and I don't claim to be an expert, but I know for sure copying and disseminating a book in its entirety is a huge no-no even if no money changes hands.

#21 ·
I got this as a promo when I taught my coupon class and I di not use it. I did find that the book Miserly Mom's was a great tool! I always tell people to just go on couponmom.com. Read it start to finish and just use that site. It saves me more time and money if I only follow one deal finding site.

#24 ·
I just received both books. I bought Dinning on a Dime on Amazon for $7.99 used in great condition and More with less. The best part I got them the day after I ordered!
Dinning has a lot of tips and at the end is making homemade detergent, soaps, facials, etc. Well worth the money in my opion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.