Anyone buy the Living on a Dime grocery E-books? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    FYI, ALL e books are protected by copyright and cannot be copied unless the author says so explicitly. Authors do not have to announce their work is copyright protected. It automatically is.

If I print out an e-book, can I loan out that copy to someone in my own family, or must they purchase their own? I know I can share info I glean, but wonder where to draw the line. For instance, just now, I printed out two copies of one of the e-books because I make the first one booklet format. Then I decided I prefer the ordinary full page version. Should I trash the 40 pages or can I pass them on to my daughter and let her put the booklet together? I'm not printing any of the others til I get more ink...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by leighcat View Post
    I got this book at a thrift store a couple years ago and it has some really great recipes! It is definitely a good book.
    Thanks for the information!
    I just ordered it. I need to get away from processed food for my health!
    Last edited by Rosebudget1; 05-03-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by abecedarian View Post
    If I print out an e-book, can I loan out that copy to someone in my own family, or must they purchase their own? I know I can share info I glean, but wonder where to draw the line. For instance, just now, I printed out two copies of one of the e-books because I make the first one booklet format. Then I decided I prefer the ordinary full page version. Should I trash the 40 pages or can I pass them on to my daughter and let her put the booklet together? I'm not printing any of the others til I get more ink...
    I personally would give it to my daughter. I would not trash all that you printed out. In my honest opionon I think that would be silly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So.....no one can ever ever loan a book to their mother..father...daughter ever ever again because it violates copyright law?
    That's not the way the law was intended...to not loan to a family member or to let them look at it. Key word there is loan.
    Making copies and passing them out...no, that's an issue. Loaning it to your daughter is not providing your daughter doesn't make copies that she has not paid for.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge/October
    $103.86

October/ Grocery
    /Goal $200.00 Total $63.25

Eat Out No More Nov
    Goal 20
    Accomp/15

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/12

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd go with Niko on that situation. Technically it's probably not legal, but within the family like that, I'm sure things like that happen a lot.

Loaning the book would be okay. The copy you paid for, not a copy of the purchased copy.

People don't understand that just because they have bought a book, that doesn't mean they can do as they please with it. Buying a book means the purchaser has bought the right to use that one copy, loan it, sell it, etc. But the buyer can't make copies and give them away or resell them because someone else still owns the intellectual property contained in the book.

People don't understand movie copyrights either or that it's illegal to show DVDs in public places and stuff like that. I've been fighting that battle for five long years with our RV rally group who always wants to screen movies outside at the campground.

Copyright law is very complex and I don't claim to be an expert, but I know for sure copying and disseminating a book in its entirety is a huge no-no even if no money changes hands.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got this as a promo when I taught my coupon class and I di not use it. I did find that the book Miserly Mom's was a great tool! I always tell people to just go on couponmom.com. Read it start to finish and just use that site. It saves me more time and money if I only follow one deal finding site.
    TOTAL DEBT REMAINING=0, Nada,Zilch and never ever again

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I strongly suggest everyone owns the 'More with less' cookbook...life changing...and I also love 'Dining on a dime' cookbook...bought both copies used.
    House Paid off October 1st...and we are loving it!!!!
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack, Food Bank and SPCA
    CrossFit lover...and now also AquaFit

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You paid for the right to have a single copy. If you made two, then technically you should destroy the 2nd copy.

You can loan or sell your e-book to someone else, then that person has the right to have the e-book. You don't get to keep a printout for yourself, or an electronic copy on your hard drive to look at later.

The only exception to this is you are generally allowed to have a backup copy that you keep in a separate place where it is not used. For example, you might copy your favorite music CD onto your MP# player, and then put the original disc in storage. You cannot loan the CD to friend, because then there would be two copies in use.

In your case, you can keep the e-book on your hard drive as your backup, and print a paper copy for your personal use in the kitchen.
    Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes you just might find
    You get what you need ~Rolling Stones

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiasmama View Post
    I strongly suggest everyone owns the 'More with less' cookbook...life changing...and I also love 'Dining on a dime' cookbook...bought both copies used.
    I just received both books. I bought Dinning on a Dime on Amazon for $7.99 used in great condition and More with less. The best part I got them the day after I ordered!
    Dinning has a lot of tips and at the end is making homemade detergent, soaps, facials, etc. Well worth the money in my opion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12