Has anyone tried the new mayo?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Has anyone tried the new mayo?

I have noticed ads for a HEINZ Mayo..............has anyone tried it?

Sometimes we are a test market for stuff and I was wondering if it is 'out there in the real world' or just being tested.

I like the Heinz Ketchup........but haven't tried the mayo.

It is a 30 oz. jar and is a little cheaper than Best Foods (Hellman's---east of Miss).......and that is the one I prefer.

If you have tried it..........what did you think?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had no idea they even made Mayo. I uses the Heinz low sugar ketchup and really like it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nodmicks View Post
    I had no idea they even made Mayo. I uses the Heinz low sugar ketchup and really like it.
    I didn't either.........and that is why I was wondering if they are testing it in my market area or if it is 'for real' on the shelves. They make pretty good ketchup.

For mayo............I like either Best Foods.........or Kraft, if I get mad at the prices on BFoods. But I am well stocked right now so probably won't be trying the Heinz anytime soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heinz makes mayo?! It would be awesome if it was their ketchup mixed with mayo But I'm odd and like the two mixed together like that. Seriously though, I think it might actually be tasty b/c they do make a variety of other type condiments no? I guess I'm thinking along the lines of their tartar sauce in a jar?

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, we actually are running low on mayo. I hope its truly a mayo product and not 'tangy' like the whipped dressing stuff. I have noticed some store brands call it mayo but its really whipped stuff - blech!

BTW: I just saw low sodium ketchup for the first time ever last week. Now you're telling me they have low sugar ketchup!?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    It would be awesome if it was their ketchup mixed with mayo But I'm odd and like the two mixed together like that.
    :

I mix them too..........and it you want something really good.... put a little bit of mustard in it (not a lot as it is a strong flavor) and then some paprika.

There is a fast food place here that calls something similar to that "fry sauce"..........have been trying to copy their recipe and this is what I have come up with so far. They sell their tartar sauce by the pint...........but don't even sell this!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have you tried sriracha sauce with mayo = !

Thats my go to for when I want a sauce with a lil kick (or a lot depending on how much sriracha I use). I introduced my sister to it and she can't live w/o it and she's not a huge ketchup/mayo lover. Job complete, converted another person! LOL

There's a hamburger chain that sells a sauce that they can put on your burger or you can have a side of it for your fries. They sell it in their store and now grocery stores. It comes in a squeeze bottle like ketchup and its very similar to ketchup/mayo/relish OR tarter sauce w/ketchup OR 1000 island dressing (their version of McD's 'special sauce')

I'm still a ketchup/mayo OR sriracha/mayho type girl.

BTW - I still haven't seen the Heinz mayo in stores yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post

BTW - I still haven't seen the Heinz mayo in stores yet.
    I forgot to look when I was in a store the other day...........running lots of errands this week......will keep my eyes peeled for it.........
    I would try it if it isn't an arm and a leg.............or if it goes on a sale.

What is the sriacha sauce..................??? A kick like what? Tabasco? Wasabi?

I bought some wasabi mayo at Trader Joe's..........and it WASN'T CHEAP............so have some wasabi powder and going to try to make my own. A nice kick to that too..........more than a nice kick if you don't spread it thin!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hahahaha it has its own page on Wikipedia! Sriracha Sauce

Its a hot sauce from Thailand - different kind of hot vs tobasco or wasabi. Burns like a mofo if you use too much. A lil dab will do ya unless you're into the whole 'endorphin rush' thing.

It is a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt
    In Thailand, Sriracha is frequently used as a dipping sauce, particularly for seafood. In Vietnamese cuisine, Sriracha appears as a condiment for phở, fried noodles, a topping for spring rolls (Chả giņ), and in sauces.
    This is the brand we buy:
    SrirachaSauce.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Libby..................might have to buy a SMALL jar.................just to try.

I use tabasco if I am using a mix when I make my salsa and it isn't quite hot enough. (hate messing with jalepenos, unless canned) I don't like "burn your tongue off hot" and please pass the milk...............but I like a little bite. This sounds like it might be just the thing!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heinz mayo is GREAT! My husband runs a resturant and he orders it (not sold in stores - foodservice only around here), if you like the mayo at Burger King, you'll like it - I'm not sure if they use Heinz but it tastes like it, it's a tad sweet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I've tried that! If it's the same thing, it is definitely hot - and I'm a person that likes really hot things. Doesn't it have sort of a vinegary taste? Some sort of odd taste as I recall. But then again, I'm not sure I had any taste buds left to taste anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I cnnot say I've seen it, but I did notice a coupon in the circulars in the newspaper this morning. We actually like Aldi's house brand mayo, that's what I've been buying for the last few years.