What do you put in your salads?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What do you put in your salads?

What kind of lettuce do you like? Is there anything that you *hate* in your salad? What kind of dressing is your favorite?

I like green leaf lettuce and iceberg. The things I like in my salads are cucumbers, carrots, a little tomatoes, black olives...I know I'm forgetting something. When I go to restaurants, I like pepperoncini on my salad, but I won't buy it to use at home. I love Good Seasons Italian dressing, but when I'm trying to be good, I use Kraft Honey Dijon (fat free)

Chelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we have had salad from our yard all weekend. we had leaf lettuce both red and green and radishes. i added tomatoes, cukes, onions from the yard and some fresh parsley. ranch dressing or italian is all Gregg will use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At home I have just plain ole lettuce (iceberg) and chopped up tomatoes sometimes if I remember crutons we will have them and I love the Kraft Caesar Parmesan Vinaigrette, probably not the best thing for my butt and thighs but it is so good. When I cook chicken Caesar Salad for dinner I use Romian Heart with crutons & parmesan with reg Caesar and that is sooo good too.
    I am not too crazy about restaraunt salads most put too much MSG in the lettuce which really upsets my stomache or it's limp, brown and gross. I do just love Olive Gardens salads mmmmmm and Red Lobster only with their shrimp vinaigrette dressing. Any other place I usually just as for Italian.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am different all the time on tossed salad.
    I love romaine and red and green leaf lettuces, but I'll use iceberg if not being too choosy.
    I love everything, but onion in my salads.
    Chick Peas
    Hard Boiled eggs
    bacon bits
    cucumbers
    carrots
    tomato
    celery
    cheese
    radishes
    black olives
    sesame seeds
    mushrooms
    peppers
    croutons

yummmmm...I love salad. I am a typical ranch type dressing, but will eat Thousand Island and Italian sometimes.
    Of course, I don't make salads like this everytime. *LOL* Sometimes out of sheer laziness, it's salad in a bag.

Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob Karla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love salads. I use iceberg and leaf lettuce if kids and dh liked what i do it would be easier, love olives, ham, chicken,turkey, peperoni but don't usually put them on, that would break the budget, cabbage, radishes, dont care for onions, cucumbers, ro tomatos.. I really loved Best Foods Creamy Italian Ranch....now that is soooo good, but I haven't been able to find it in the stores anymore, but Kraft did bring back there Creamy Italian and thats some good dressing...not fat free of course but still good

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use romaine and add carrots, radishes, chopped hard-boiled eggs, and sesame seeds. I like ranch dressing, but dh will eat just about any dressing.

In the sweet rolling hills of Old Virginia
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we use Romaine and iceburg..with...
    carrots
    cucumbers
    celery
    bacon bits or
    chopped ham
    broccoli
    tomato
    cheese
    chopped leftover chicken if we have it
    we all pretty much like ranch dressing..although sometimes I get a craving for Italian or Ceasar
    My boys all love salads...sometimes they would rather go to a salad bar than to Mcdonalds !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile I like Salad Mixes I can't however have Radishes I am allergic to them!! :)

I like Salad Mixes I can't however have Radishes I am allergic to them!! On my Salad I like to have Ranch Dressing or Italian Dressing or French or Russian or Catalina Dressing!! If I have Ranch Dressing I like to Add Salsa to the top of the Salad Dressing!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like iceberg lettuce mixed with spinach or romaine, with cucumbers, bell pepper, green onions, carrots, sometimes fresh-off the vine- tomatoes, mmmmmm what else? We like homemade ranch dressing but will eat the bottled too.

~48 yr. old sahw, livin' it up in our empty nest, smack dab in the middle of everywhere.~

*We're debt freeeeeeeee! (including the house)*

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No cabbage, no onions-otherwise almost anything goes in the salad. Just tried this wonderful rasberry vinagerette with walnut dressing-so good, otherwise it is thousand island or olive oil and balsamic vin. Absolutely love the salads at Champs Americana, its a small chain, but they are always good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like salads, I don't mind anything in them except for olives, black or green. I like iceberg lettuce & ranch or blue cheese dressing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like romaine,but will eat iceberg.
    We add...
    tomatoes
    cucumbers
    cheese
    red onions or green onions
    bacon bits
    croutons
    hard boiled eggs
    carrots
    and on rare occasions..ham (I buy a prepacked,precut package from the store)

We don't always eat salads with all this in it.Sometimes it may just be lettuce,tomatoes,bacon bits and cheese....this is just what I prefer LOL

I'm also like ranch fat free dressing but will try others.I had a creamy Italian the other night that was pretty good

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It depends on who is eating a salad. Dh only likes iceberg lettuce with Kraft Thousand Island dressing. My perfect salad has a mix of green leaf and iceberg lettuces with cucumbers, tomatoes, egg, bacon bits, cheese and a small amount of Thousand Island. Dd likes Ceasar salads. Ds will not eat lettuce at all. Dd and I sometimes make salads with whatever needs to be used up in the fridge. Lettuce with carrots, radishes, ham, pepperoni, leftover grilled or crockpot chicken and different varieties of cheese. Dd uses fat-free Ranch dressing. I usually buy hers at Dollar General for $1 a bottle.